Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waited2long Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2008, 11:47 AM
    SSD and Child Support Arrearage
    My ex just got approved for Social Security Disability. I am owed over $40,000 in back child support. My child will receive a small lump sum payment as well as monthly benefits on his behalf. Child Support has already sent income withholding order to SSA. My question is will they intercept lump sum payment for the child support arrearage?
    heatherparesi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Nope you will get both amounts the only problem I am having with this is now since the father is lying about his disability to get the benefits and he is also still working under the table and making a lot of money at that I can not go after him for contempt because they are garnishing his wages so the answer is yes you will get both amounts they do not cross out one another
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 9, 2008, 12:49 PM
    Its kind of funny how fast money grows in Oregon. First posting was 20k now its grown to 40k. Which one is it. How do you know he is lying about his disability ? Do you have proof he's working under the table ? If you can answer those questions then you might have a chance of getting somewhere. If you don't have proof positive.. then don't state it like it's a fact. That way we can try to best pursue the shortest avenue to your needed recovery of funds.
    waited2long Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2008, 04:15 PM
    I guess I am being confused with the other person. I am not in Oregon and it is 40k and I never said anything about him working under the table. Just the facts. All I want to know is whether his retro paid SSD will be taken for back child support owed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Can you ask for child support on a child if you OWE support for the same child? [ 13 Answers ]

We have had custody of my daughter for 12 years. Tons of things have happened in those years. My daughter has truly shown her true colors. Three years ago she went to live with my mother, who I gave legal guardianship to. She has now done the same things to my mother. She is almost 17 years old and...

Arrearage childsupport payments and adoption [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a friend who has a daughter he does not get to see yet he pays childsupport faithfully, her mother wants her currant husband to adopt the child but still wants the birth father to continue to pay arreagage child support. Is this legally acceptable?

View more questions Search