Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zoe350Z Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Where do I file small claims?
    HI... A month ago I bought a 350Z from Buena Park NIssan. The contract included that they going to put the Aftermarket navigation system in the Dash of the car... 1st time I took it... They put the wrong one and they took my stock radio out and placed the navigation system in it's place... Actually before buying the car the dealer told me that Its going to be on the top of the Dash and not where the radio is... After a month of going back and forth now they're telling me that The navigation system that they were going to order for me. The new model doesn't fit on the top... The new one fits where the radio is and I don't want to change my radio and how am I suppose to look at the navigation system while I'm driving... It's losing the whole purpose of it... so they gave me the option of giving me 2500 dollar store credit which is the price of the navigation system or getting it at the radio place... They will not credit me the money because the contract is done and paid by the bank... I want them somehow get that 2500 dollar out of my contract because it's not how I wanted and they are the ones who couldn't get the job done... Do I have a case? And Where do I file a claim and how... Do I have to go to the city hall of Buena park?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2008, 06:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoe350Z
    HI...A month ago I bought a 350Z from Buena Park NIssan. The contract included that they gonna put the Aftermarket navigation system in the Dash of the car...1st time I took it...They put the wrong one and they took my stock radio out and placed the navigation system in it's place....Actually before buying the car the dealer told me that Its gonna be on the top of the Dash and not where the radio is...After a month of going back and forth now they're telling me that The navigation system that they were gonna order for me. The new model doesn't fit on the top...The new one fits where the radio is and I don't wanna change my radio and how am i suppose to look at the navigation system while i'm driving...It's losing the whole purpose of it...so they gave me the option of giving me 2500 dollar store credit which is the price of the navigation system or getting it at the radio place...They will not credit me the money because the contract is done and paid by the bank....I want them somehow get that 2500 dollar out of my contract because it's not how I wanted and they are the ones who couldn't get the job done....Do I have a case?? and Where do I file a claim and how...Do I have to go to the city hall of Buena park??

It might be in the City Hall. The City might have a separate Courthouse. Look up Small Claims in the phone book, call them, ask where they are. The paperwork is very simple. You go in, fill out your name, their name, a dollar amount and a BRIEF explanation of the dispute.

Will they amend the contract with the Bank? I doubt it.

I looked at the Z's (had one years ago). I am almost positive it had a system in it. Doesn't Nissan make one that fits the car? I know I didn't want a "sit on top of the dash" model because it would be ripped out of the car the first time I parked it.

(You aren't supposed to be looking at the device while you're driving; they are beginning to fall into the same category as cell phones and text massaging. Maybe that's why they are being installed out of the driver's line of vision. I worked on an accident and the driver told the Police he looked down at his system and when he looked up... )
    mediationplus Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Apr 13, 2008, 02:36 PM
    If Buena Park Nissan is located in California, you may want to visit this website: California Courts: Self-Help Center: Small Claims It tells you exactly where and how you can file your Small Claims lawsuit.

You may also want to read a new book, titled “Everybody's Guide to Small Claims Court in California” by Ralph E. Warner. It's packed with useful advice on how to write a demand letter, file and serve papers, prepare a winning presentation, figure out your damages, collect your money if you win, and so on. You can find that book (and read its “Table on Contents”) on Amazon.com

As for your question “do I have a case? ” the answer depends on what kind of evidence you can present to the judge, for proving that Buena Park Nissan failed to deliver what they had promised when you bought your 350Z.

Hope it helps...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to file a motion to dismiss for time barred debt in small claims Texas [ 8 Answers ]

Cause of action date of March 15 1999 when last payment was to be made per plantiff's exhibit in complaint. Statutes of limitation is 4 years. I did submit answer with general denial and affirmative defense of statute already but still set for negotiation. Want to submit motion to dismiss...

KY Small Claims [ 8 Answers ]

I was recently in the market for an engagement ring for my girlfriend. A friend of mine's wife worked for a company that makes rings to sell to retail jewelers. This company is not allowed to sell to the public. I met with her and found a ring that I liked. She told me she could order 3...

Small claims [ 2 Answers ]

I won a small claims lawsuit but the person I sued won't pay. First question is what are some ways to get my money back from this person ( who is determined not to pay). And the only property that I know about is a house, is putting a lien on the house a good idea because I can only collect if they...

Won small claims, debtor not paying, possibly file lien on vehicle [ 2 Answers ]

I was awarded $739.92 in a small claims suit on 06/06/07(landlord-tenant issue). As of 09/24/07, I have only received 2 cashiers' checks in the amount of $25 each. I was informed by an attorney here in Wisconsin that the court charges 12% interest on the unpaid balance, so even with the $50 she...

Took ex boyfriend to small claims, HELP [ 4 Answers ]

I took my ex boyfriend to small claims because he owes me $2,600. And I won, but I am having trouble getting the money. I tried to garnish his wages, he works with his grandfather, so they lied and said he is working part time. So I couldn't garnish. What do I do?? I want to know if I can take...

View more questions Search