Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Augy123 Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Apr 13, 2008, 09:15 AM
    Sorry, pry wasn't the right word. I've tried wire-brushing as much as I can (it's very hard to get around it with the vent in the way. I will try some wd-40 as well. Thanks, I'll keep working at it.

Apr 13, 2008, 05:14 PM
    I finally got this job done. The nipples were a real PITA to get out but after that, it was pretty easy. Thanks for all the help!
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 13, 2008, 05:20 PM
    Augy:

About time you posted back....I have been concerned all day!

So you are all set.. AWESOME!! You did the work... but thanks for update... I know we all like to know results!

Pop by anytime... Mark

Apr 17, 2008, 05:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by massplumber2008
    Augy:

About time you posted back....I have been concerned all day!!

So you are all set...? AWESOME!!! You did the work....but thanks for update...I know we all like to know end results!

Pop by anytime...Mark
    Yes, it all came out fine. It took most of the day and several trips to the hardware store. By the way, I am now the biggest fan of those copper fittings with the solder built in (they have ridges with solder in them). Wow, the results of those sweats were fantastic and very, very easy (just heat about 45 secs and done). I had to fight a leak that turned out to be a faulty seal on one of the flex fittings so one more trip to the store. I am forever grateful to all the advice given on this forum. I'll go back and rate you guys for all the help. Thanks again!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 17, 2008, 06:11 PM
    Congrats Augy, you are invited to the next plumbers ball.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water connection on water heater [ 1 Answers ]

I need to replace the dip tube on the water heater. There is no cold water shutoff on the heater itself, does it matter where I shut off the cold?I have two copper tubes going into the top of the heater,the hot has some kind of filter or something connected to it and it has a shutoff on that line....

Connecting a tankless water heater and separate hot water heater [ 6 Answers ]

What I have is this. An oil fired boiler that generates hot water for my house baseboard heating system. Contained within the boiler is a tankless heater that is heated by way of the firebox in the boiler. The tankless heater is used only for domestic hot water. It has a separate CW supply to the...

Compression fitting in wall and water heater connection [ 11 Answers ]

So from what I gather, it sounds like it's not recommended for in wall application. I guess I don't really need it to be in wall, and can just leave it unfinished. Just trying to hear what people think. Any code problems in Maryland? Now for the water heater. What I'm trying to do is move my...

Corrosion? Of Plastic Stems of Water Shut-off Valves [ 4 Answers ]

In a condominium constructed about 12-15 years ago in Henderson, NV, I discovered 6 out of 8 under-sink water shut-off valves to have badly corroded valve stems, if that term can be legitimately applied to plastic. The "corrosion" was so bad that one valve had failed causing a flood. Since 75% of...

Copper connection to hot water heater [ 1 Answers ]

Is it correct to connect water copper pipes directly ( without the dielectric coupling)to the hot water heater... thanks

View more questions Search