Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sitkadiver Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Apr 6, 2008, 03:36 PM
    Capsized sunken ship
    Can anyone tell me the title of a 1970's or early 80's movie in which a passenger ship sinks to the bottom of the sea and several passengers are able to survive in a sealed off portion of the ship? I have no idea of the movie title or exact dates, but I reall there people living in the ship for sometime before they were discovered. They grew food, and were able to make fresh water etc..

Thank You
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2008, 04:33 PM
    Oh, man, this is one of my cult favorites--even though I only saw a portion of it once, and that was over 25 years ago. It's the 1981 TV movie Goliath Awaits with Mark Harmon and Christopher Lee.
    jessb Posts: 290, Reputation: 51

Apr 6, 2008, 09:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Purukivel
    Oh, man, this is one of my cult favorites--even though I only saw a portion of it once, and that was over 25 years ago. It's the 1981 TV movie Goliath Awaits with Mark Harmon and Christopher Lee.
    Wow I just read the plot for this movie.. only in the 80's would they make a movie were the ship get struck by a torpedo, and sinks. 330 people manage to survive and live for 40 years under water, in an air bubble basically!. lol... oh I love it, its sounds so wonderful.. lol... I got to get it.. now only if this could have be the 2nd edition to Titanic... that would have been a great story, and maybe then Jack could've survived... thanks for the find Purukivel:)
    Goliath Awaits Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2012, 04:39 AM
    Wow, I only saw a part of this film/series as a child. It made an impression, I never got the full story and has been thinking of this from time to time all up until today, when I thought of googel'ing some key-words, and your question with comments came up, and rewieled the title, thanks!! :-D Finally I'll get to know what happened with them!. will they get to see the sunlight again? not having to eat canary-birds for dinner,for the rest of their lives ;-) hihi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inground pool sunken wall in corner [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a 18 yr old liner inground pool, type and installer unknown. It is a 16x32 grecian style, at deep end (6.5') where the long side meets the short angled wall that buttts to the end the wall and deck have sunken about 2-3 inches, overall about 6 feet in length is affected appprox 2-3 ft...

Sunken sand bottom [ 1 Answers ]

We had a 24' round pool installed less than a month ago. The ground was damp when it was installed, but was tamped down well and we were assured that the only problem we would have is footprints from the installer putting in the liner. A layer of a sand mixture was put down over the dirt. We...

Sunken tub [ 2 Answers ]

I'm ready to build a sunken tub like I had as a kid in my country,, now 4inch slab entire bathroom has floor removed 8feet by six feet, will place 2by 6 by 60inch as a temp boarding for the pour.. top of board flush w/floor surface so floor of tub will be 5 and half deep... sides will be under...

Replacing sunken tub with shower [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have removed a sunken tub from a rancher built on a slab. There is a 6 inch well which allowed the sunken tub. I am putting in a barrier free prefab shower base. The shower base will take up the same area as the old tub, but the special purchase shower base has the drain in the centre...

Orka following a ship? [ 2 Answers ]

Why could a Killer Whale follow a ship? A friend of mine told me a story about an orca, following his ship for 16 days during the course through Atlantic up to Gibraltar, where it turned back... Only following, like playing, singing for all these nights, a "song" that was more like a baby...

View more questions Search