Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Trumpet Guy93 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Apr 6, 2008, 03:20 PM
    Jealousy and girlfriends
    My girlfriend tells me I'm jealous. I ask her if she cares and she says no because it shows that I love her lots and would do anything for her. But sometimes I feel like it gets on her nerves. How do I end this jealousy stuff??
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 6, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Why are you jealous, who are you jealous of? Jealousy shows insecurity in your relationship, what are you insecure about? Answer these questions and you'll find your answer.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2008, 03:31 PM
    You figure out are your jealous feelings realistic and is she doing things to cause you to feel jealous or is it you and are you over reacting. Once you realize it is you over reacting you need to step back and evaluate the situation objectively like ask yourself questions.
    For example:
    Is it unreasonable for a girl to say hi to a guy? Would I be reacting the same way if she said hi to the guy and he was totally unattractive? Not her type? 80 years old?

Remember it isn't worth jumping to conclusions and assuming things that are not because you will only drive her away. It is hard to compete with a boyfriend or girlfriends jealousy no matter how wrong the jealousy is because you are not allowing the relationship to grow and move on in a healthy way. She will spend all her time defending herself and feeling hurt and rejection that you do not love her for her. Get over your insecurity or it will doom your relationship!

Apr 6, 2008, 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    Why are you jealous, who are you jealous of? Jealousy shows insecurity in your relationship, what are you insecure about? Answer these questions and you'll find your answer.
    Well I'm jealous of this guy she like where she moved too and there was this guy here when she lved here. But that one I had a right to be because when she moved he said he loved her and was trying to get her to dum[ me for him.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2008, 03:38 PM
    Then you just have to come out and ask her her true feelings about everything and
    Trust that if she wants to be with you then it is YOU she picked and would have choose one of the other guys if she didn't want you. So if you keep the jealously going you could very well push her right into one of the other guys arms.

Apr 6, 2008, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Then you just have to come out and ask her her true feelings about everything and
    trust that if she wants to be with you then it is YOU she picked and would have choose one of the other guys if she didn't want you. So if you keep the jealously going you could very well push her right into one of the other guys arms.
    Thanks so do u have any ideas on something special I could do to make up for all those jealous times and keep in mind we live 6hrs apart, but she is coming down may 3rd
    Lo02 Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 10:28 AM
    This may sound shallow but its honest.

OK so some people say they won't date people hotter than them because then they might have to worry about where the other person is and who they're with.

Do you feel as if your girlfriend may be hotter than you so you have to be kind of jealous?

Apr 7, 2008, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo02
    this may sound shallow but its honest.

ok so some people say they wont date people hotter than them because then they might have to worry about where the other person is and who they're with.

do you feel as if your gf may be hotter than you so you have to be kind of jealous?
    I think she is waaay hotter than me. But looks aren't the only reason I'm dating her. She makes me smile, she makes me laugh when I'm w/ her I forget about everything else its like we're the only 2 people in the world. She makes me so happy and I don't want anyone to take that from me. Maybe that's why I'm jealous??
    Alan90 Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Apr 7, 2008, 02:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet Guy93
    Well i'm jealous of this guy she like where she moved too and there was this guy here when she lved here. But that one I had a right to be because when she moved he said he loved her and was tryin to get her to dum[ me for him.

This is similar to something that happened to me only my girlfriend didn't move she just went to a different school to me. There was a guy who was very flirtacious with her and even went as far as stripping for her on camera and threatening to "kill" me if I ever hurt her.

That went on for a few months but in the end I'd just had enough Im not usually a violent guy nor do I condone or recommend violence but I went and met him outside his school and you can probably guess the rest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't get over my jealousy [ 2 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 1 year. Although I know he loves me, I feel more insecure than I ever have in my whole life. I am starting to wonder if despite the fact I love him I should sacrifice this for a quiet life. I literally spend sleepless nights worrying about parties he might go to...

Jealousy between us [ 3 Answers ]

Im still really good friends with almost all of my ex's friends. So I'm hangin out with them a lot and he is there sometimes. Whenever I even flirt a little bit with any of them he gets really mad and jealous and is really quite. But then he does the same to me trying to flirt with my friends or...

Jealousy [ 3 Answers ]

My partner is having a fit because I met a celebrity that I enjoy and had a photo op and a kiss on the lips from him. He thinks this is cheating and I say it was a harmless thing. Do you feel he is being unreasonable or as a committed partner I shoud have never let this take place?

Jealousy [ 25 Answers ]

I'm so jealose to my husband,whenever we go out,I think he look at other women,I keep look at his eyes to find where he look at.I told him about what I thinking & he said he looks everybody not just women or if he looks women he not mean it.he loves me,he keep saying I'm beautiful.. . But I know I...

Jealousy [ 13 Answers ]

Hello guys, I have a big problem which is I am so jealous of a friend since we were kids and every guy say that she is beautiful I hate them and I do not want to interact with them any more even he says he loves me I do not believe it and I break up with him, what you think I should do? It is...

View more questions Search