Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rob Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2008, 10:40 AM
    Windows Media Center
    I have Windows Media Center that came with a Vista HP PC. Can I use it to play video files (such as WMV) stored on a DVD, as opposed to an actual burned DVD? If so, how? It does play video files on the hard drive.

Also, WMC seems to have associated some old file icons, long since deleted, with the folders it watches and displays in its library. I don’t see anything in library setup or settings that would change that. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Check out some similar questions!

When I tried to play a tmp files with window media player, it says"Windows Media Play [ 3 Answers ]

When I tried to play a tmp files with window media player, it says"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." What can I do to play this file?

Live TV on VAIO Laptop (via Media Center) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all! So, I bought myself a new laptop on the weekend, this one to be precise! :D I'm wanting to plug my digital freeview box into it and watch TV through Media Center, but I can't get it to work! Boooo! I plugged the co-ax from the wall socket straight to my laptop TV card just to...

Windows Media Player [ 6 Answers ]

Currently have Media Player 6.4 What is the safest one to upgrade to for a PC with Win98 second edition on it? Also what is best site (without adware, spyware, etc included with your download) to obtain the update from?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.