Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skarsan34 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2008, 10:25 PM
    Correct procedure for request of entry defualt
    Can a attorney type up a request for entyr in defualt and send it to me from their office without going to court and having and not have a process server serve it to me I was not served with a default judgment Chases attorney mailed to me to my residence without a process server serving it to me. And does a judge have to sign the order and did chases attorney break any rule for request for entry of default?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2008, 06:16 AM
    Hello s:

Yes, they can request it. But, it's only a request. If you go to court, it WON'T be granted.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsan34
    Can a attorney type up a request for entyr in defualt and send it to me from their office without going to court and having and not have a process server serve it to me I was not served with a default judgment Chases attorney mailed to me to my residence without a process server serving it to me. And does a judge have to sign the order and did chases attorney break any rule for request for entry of default?

This is simply a notice of their INTENT to request a default Judgment; they do not need to personally serve you.

You were not served with a default judgment because, if I am reading this correctly, there is no default judgment - they are requesting one.

If you appear in Court there will be no default Judgment... because you won't have defaulted!

No, they didn't break any rules - this is pretty standard procedure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the proper procedure to stain a fiberglass entry door? [ 2 Answers ]

I just purchased beautiful fiberglass entry door. The door must be stained.. or must I say that I want to stain the door. I have stained wood but never fiberglass. Any tips or procedures would be appreciated. Thanks, Jerry

The procedure entry point SymSetSymWithAdd64 could not be located in the dynamic link [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I get this error meswsage when I boot the computer: "The procedure entry point SymSetSymWithAdd64 could not be located in the dynamic link library DBGHELP.dll" Any Ideas? Thanks!!

Correct Entry [ 1 Answers ]

Study Question Early in 19X2 while bookls are still open you are informed that 19X1 Advertising expense includes 90,000 for printing catalogs for a campaign to begin in January 19X2 and that a 50,000 invoice for television commercials shown in Decemebr 19x1 was debited to 19x2 Advertising...

Procedure Request for Cutting Concrete to Add Flange? [ 12 Answers ]

My basement rough-in left us with a 3 inch PVC stub with glued on cap sticking right out of the concrete. I would like to remove enough concrete from around the pipe to add an offset closet flange. Can anyone walk me through the procedure/exact tools needed for this? (the house is 7 months old......

Procedure Request for Cutting Concrete to Add Flange? [ 2 Answers ]

My basement rough-in left us with a 3 inch PVC stub with glued on cap sticking right out of the concrete. I would like to remove enough concrete from around the pipe to add an offset closet flange. Can anyone walk me through the procedure/exact tools needed for this? (the house is 7 months old......

View more questions Search