Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donhagemann Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 03:31 PM
    Delta tub spout leaks when using shower
    To Tom:
    Our Delta tub spout leaks when using the shower. We do not have a three knob shower valve. When the spout is removed from the copper pipe stub a large threaded copper sleeve (about 2 inches in length) partially covers the middle portion of the pipe stub. It is not a male adaptor attached to the end of the stub. I'd like to purchase a universal tub spout but first I'll need to remove the threaded copper sleeve which I believe is soldered to the stub. If this needs to be removed, how is that done? Let me know your thoughts as to what I should do.
    razor96 Posts: 87, Reputation: 8

Apr 4, 2008, 03:58 PM
    I am not tom but, you have to heat it up until the solder melts and pull it off with a plier or wrench. You could try some plumbers tape around the threads (wrap at least six times) to see if this fixes the leak issue. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace old Delta Shower/Tub Faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I need to replace the old (20 yrs) Delta Faucet shower tub set up... Are their any new Delta Faucet Handles that I can install with the current valve so I don't have to remove the entire 1 piece shower insert? I took what I could apart and I am down to what they now call the "cartridge" but mine...

Delta tub spout leaks when using shower [ 1 Answers ]

Our Delta tub spout leaks when we use the shower. I have remove the spout and was going to replace it with a universal spout. However, when I unscrewed the spout I noticed a large, threaded copper sleeve remained attached to the copper water pipe. I can't seem to remove or twist the copper...

Delta shower faucet leaks, how do I install seat and spring [ 2 Answers ]

My delta shower faucet is leaking, how do I install the seat and spring correctly ?

How to remove a slip-on Delta bath tub spout [ 1 Answers ]

The house is 16 years old. The bath tub spout has no identification on it, but it says "Delta Monitor" on the Temperature Control knob. The problem is that the water just flows to the tub and won't go up to the showerhead. I am trying to rePlcace the tub spout. It looks like a slip on type. I have...

Tub Spout Leaks at diverter [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced my tub spout which was leaking water when the shower diverter was lifted. The new one leaks just as much. I thought maybe there isn't enough water pressure to seal the diverter. I have another shower with the same spout and it doesn't leak. Could there be a problem somewhere else?

View more questions Search