Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donhagemann Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 09:21 AM
    Delta tub spout leaks when using shower
    Our Delta tub spout leaks when we use the shower. I have remove the spout and was going to replace it with a universal spout. However, when I unscrewed the spout I noticed a large, threaded copper sleeve remained attached to the copper water pipe. I can't seem to remove or twist the copper sleeve. How do I remove the copper sleeve? Is it sweated to the copper water pipe?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 4, 2008, 02:55 PM
    If you have a three knob showere valve then the problen's not in the spout. DO NOT remove the threaded male adapter on the end of the copper stubout, it's soldered on. It's there to connect to a front end threaded spout, (see image).
    Let me know if your Delta shower valve's a three knob valve? Regards, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The water in my shower will not switch from the shower head to the tub spout? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently purchased a small home, that I am getting ready to rent out the problem is I get water from the shower head just fine, but I get not water from the tub spout, any ideas?

Replace old Delta Shower/Tub Faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I need to replace the old (20 yrs) Delta Faucet shower tub set up... Are their any new Delta Faucet Handles that I can install with the current valve so I don't have to remove the entire 1 piece shower insert? I took what I could apart and I am down to what they now call the "cartridge" but mine...

Delta shower faucet leaks, how do I install seat and spring [ 2 Answers ]

My delta shower faucet is leaking, how do I install the seat and spring correctly ?

How to remove a slip-on Delta bath tub spout [ 1 Answers ]

The house is 16 years old. The bath tub spout has no identification on it, but it says "Delta Monitor" on the Temperature Control knob. The problem is that the water just flows to the tub and won't go up to the showerhead. I am trying to rePlcace the tub spout. It looks like a slip on type. I have...

Tub Spout Leaks at diverter [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced my tub spout which was leaking water when the shower diverter was lifted. The new one leaks just as much. I thought maybe there isn't enough water pressure to seal the diverter. I have another shower with the same spout and it doesn't leak. Could there be a problem somewhere else?

View more questions Search