Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2008, 10:50 AM
    The chinese have a saying similar to this "The lion and the wolf can co-exist until the food supply runs low" I would never advise you to be friends with your ex's girlfriend, just doesn't sound like a good situation. I would cut contact with both of them, it's for the best. And stay away from the bloody cancer of an ex
    LostInHisEyez Posts: 130, Reputation: 15

Aug 5, 2008, 06:44 PM
    Writing letters to vent?
    If you could ever write a letter to the person who hurt you most what would you say?
    AmExp Posts: 330, Reputation: 11

Aug 5, 2008, 06:49 PM
    Been there, done that, got no response... hell, I don't think he cared. I basically told him that he did me wrong and mentioned all the things I did for him and I also let him know how he hurt me and that karma will come back on him. Again... I got NADA! I saw him 6 months later and we spoke but briefly and slightly akward but I felt like I had the upper hand.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2008, 06:51 PM
    Goodbye... and good riddance!!
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2008, 06:59 PM
    I wouldn't waste the paper, my physical appearance and happiness speaks louder than any amount of words could ever begin to describe
    AmExp Posts: 330, Reputation: 11

Aug 5, 2008, 07:00 PM
    I agree actually... that letter is good for you to get everything out on paper but in the end the exes do not care. ( most at least)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 5, 2008, 07:01 PM
    I have written letters like that, but only for myself, never sent them, it helped.

Spewing venom towards someone, even if they deserve it, only does you an injustice, it doesn't affect them at all, so why bother?
    erin7799 Posts: 159, Reputation: 32

Aug 5, 2008, 07:28 PM
    I've written letters, too. Maybe they don't actually get to see him but it feels so good to get it off your chest!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 5, 2008, 08:53 PM
    See "letters to our exes."

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...rs+to+our+exes

Aug 6, 2008, 08:12 PM
    Feeling free.but tied down.
    Its been two months since we last broke up,
    nine days since we last had sex,
    and six days since i last saw him. ..

his new girlfriend, who happens to be a real close friend, assures me that she's not in love with him, and that she is in love with her ex (they had a rocky relationship, and she's just with someone for the sake of not being alone - i'd rather have her date him, than someone else...) she tells me that he just has to realize that he made his mistakes...but just today he wrote me a letter ( i previously wrote one, asking for closure - how do you get that anyways?) saying that he hopes i find happiness , like he has. and then he wrote that he finally found the perfect girl.

i couldnt help but feel a bit hurt by it all.

i couldve sworn that i was a little moved on, but i was okay with the fact that i loved someone else, but i was still happy because of friends/work/etc. but today was just another brick in the big wall that im tryin to climb over -.- so yeah.. i post whenever im sad, and today im just out of it...advice?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 04:57 AM
    You need to just walk away and no contact. He seems to enjoy rubbing how happy he is in your face and you know she is not happy with him. Leave it go, leave him go, find someone you can be happier with

Aug 7, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    You need to just walk away and no contact. He seems to enjoy rubbing how happy he is in your face and you know she is not happy with him. Leave it go, leave him go, find someone you can be happier with

I agree, the new girlfriend is one of my closest friends (recently) and she says she wants to make us get back together, because all he does it talk about me (reminsicing etc) and today he tried to "advise" me to find someone else, and I told him (truthfully) that I was talking to a guy at work, and things might lead to a relationship, and he wrote "i didnt know you were seeing someone..." well what choice do I have? You have a new girlfriend and your not worth waiting for, of course I'm going to find someone. He didn't write back, but its okay, he texted me saying that he was always there for me. And I can't help but laugh, last week he avoided me, and now he's trying to snoop on my myspace(its private) and texting me all the time.

What do you think?

Aug 16, 2008, 01:15 AM
    For Those Who Love Drama.
    Its been exactly 3 months since me and my ex broke up.
    He called me three or four days ago. I wouldnt have picked up
    but i was already sleeping, and i just picked up. he called me complaining
    about how his life was so miserable, and that why his girlfriend chose me (as a friend)
    than him (as a boyfriend) i felt horrible for him, i trully did pity him. and i told him
    calmly that he couldnt blame me simply because i was the ex. his mother called my
    father, saying i was harassing him--threatening to kill myself--getting pregnant on purpose--etc--etc. My father is furious, my mother slightly amused (she likes the drama life) and im angry as well. My ex hasnt called me at all, and it was his friends doing.
    (she left me 7 text messages when i was at work) his new girlfriend is very angry and she called me to apologize and she broke up with him the very next day.

so...even with this, whos wrong? for me picking up half asleep anyways? the friend texting me (she called my exs mom to begin with) or my ex for being completely off the wall?

and even with all of this? why can't i help but feel sad about it all?
    and still somewhat miss him??
    --*sigh*--
    pinkcelly123 Posts: 51, Reputation: 0

Aug 16, 2008, 01:28 AM
    I think you must still miss him
    Ithappenstoall Posts: 363, Reputation: 37

Aug 16, 2008, 02:38 AM
    Missing him is a normal thing, you will always remmeber you ex ans exs, some obvisouvly more than others (example first love... ). I think you feel sad because deep down you care about him and even though you are not with him it s still affects you. Now it doesn't change you in the way that you might maybe want to see him again and talk to him again, doesn't it ?

Aug 16, 2008, 10:48 AM
    I would love it if we could talk again, and even be friends, but with all the drama (texting/calling/family involvement)it seems impossible. The only reason I won't talk to him, is because if one of us call/text each other our parents will turn this into a legal battle... (harassment--when that's none of us have never harassed each other)but I really do miss him, and I really do care for him, but I honestly don't know what to do

Aug 25, 2008, 07:11 PM
    Go Life!
    I started college today, which was pretty awesome, but for some odd reason.. I felt like my ex would pop out of the hallways and try to ruin my life. He's still in high school. For those who have read my previous posts, I didn't have a very mature ex during our break up period and he really did make me miserable for the most part. I called a friend today and she said she ran into my ex and asked about how he was and he said, "i hope __(me)__ doesnt ruin my senior year." my friend asked why, "cuz that thing ruined everything." when I heard that from my friend, my heart crumbled, its been about 8 days since I last talked to my ex, month and a half since I've last seen him.. but I still really hurt... I know it sounds weird but for some reason I feel as if he left a huge scar running down my face(or very noticeable limp), and everyone knows that I'm still hurting, or that I did. I have friends who keep me busy, my new college classes, work, and I've kept NC... but I still feel so robbed, I know that in the end I'm the one who will gain everything, but for now, I feel so empty/defeated. I went to an amusement park today with my mom and sister and cousins, and I was terrified that he would be on the same ride as me (when he was at school -- I got out early --gotta love college) I'm absolutely petrifried to go anywhere. I'm so angry at the thought that I can't go walking without having to do double takes all over the place. I'm so angry at the fact that I can't defend my name when he talks about me to other people... im so angry at the fact that as much as I want to, I just can't let it go... I feel like I have to run away and start fresh as my last resort, but I love my family, and my school and job. I had such a rough past, and I don't want to relive it any longer, can anybody help me??
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2008, 07:37 PM
    Hey, "lost"

You spoke to him 8 days ago? That is definitely not NC.

Anyway, these things take time. Now that you are in college you should quickly find a college counselor/social worker/advisor. The college can help you find help. The "roughness" you speak of in your past, needs to be addressed. So, you can embrace your new environment. College... this is the biggest chance of your life... trust me on that. Take advantage of all the great people and things around you...

Hang in there... your ex will fade over time... if if if if you respect NC. You have kind of not done that...

Sep 20, 2008, 04:06 PM
    Should I Be The Bigger Person?
    My ex and I have been broken up since June.
    Found out about a miscarriage in July.
    And we've stopped talking since early August.

My mom is trying to kick me out of the house, but since I give her money, she lets me stay... my ex found out from a person that I work with who shares a class with him. He was desperately asking for my number(I changed it, and never gave it to him). The person gave it to him.

He asked if there was anything that he could do, bla bla.
    But I just told him a pack of cigs would saffice, and didn't write anything else.
    Next month will be 4 years since his stepfather passed away (car accident).

He claims that I'm the only one he could ever talk to about it.
    I hear from our teachers(that are like parents to us) that he hasn't slept or ate well in weeks, (he dreads for October 29th to come). I feel bad for him. After all the drama, I still care and wonder if he'll ever be okay.

We don't text each other, but when it happens, its just a awkward-but polite-and quick conversation. I know he wants to say more, because he always puts a lot of "..." after every text. Sometimes I just don't want to bother anymore, but I know he's reaching out to me for help. A shoulder to cry on.

What should I do?
    (I still care for him very much, but when it comes to being in another relationship... that ship has sailed... )

Edit-- my mother situation has gotten better, but I just wanted to add that as to why my ex has contacted me.
    NorthernNiceGuy Posts: 238, Reputation: 75

Sep 20, 2008, 04:24 PM

While your ex could be going through some serious torment I would still say that you are number one... Sounds selfish I know but especially after my break-up that's how I have come to look at things.

It all depends really, how do you think it will affect you to help him through this time? If you can see it being detrimental to your own happiness and well being than I would suggest you not do it. He will be OK and life will go on for him.

However, if you do think you can handle being there for him, then I say why not. If it won't hurt you than why not do something to help someone out who you (like you said) still care about deeply.

So that's my advice... if you can't handle it don't (you are number one) but if you can than I say go for it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ended things with my boyfriend because OF A STRIP CLUB! [ 7 Answers ]

Yesterday my boyfriend told me he was going out with his friend for coffee and I was totally OK with that, but than after a couple of hours later I called him and he didn't answer the phone the first time so I called him again in a couple of seconds and he sounded it out of breath which made me...

My dad said my coil from civic 93 is weak because seen yellow spark, replace? [ 2 Answers ]

My dad said my coil from disturbator is very weak, it sparking yellow when I start cranking we did test it all seems so normal but about 20,000 ohm testing the coil positive and negative is kind of out of range from 12,000 to 20,000 ohms, should I replace it? Or is there any way I can repair it? We...

Did I do the right thing because I think I didn't. [ 1 Answers ]

Well there was this I girl I loved a lot we loved each other a lot well not anymore but we met on myspace she lives in pa and I live in ny. We never saw each other before but we talked on the phone since August I decied 2 want 2 have a future with her then I decided to be her friend know she won't...

She won't tell me how she feels because of her boyfriend? [ 13 Answers ]

I have a girl FRIEND not girlfriend just friend. I've known her for a few years, and I'm not that good of friends to girls, I mean if I don't actually like them ill just kind of ignore them basically but I'm really starting to fall for my friend and just recently I started really looking in her...

View more questions Search