Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mysonsproblem Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 11:21 PM
    My Son
    :confused: 3 days ago, my 13 year old son, confided in me that he can't stop thinking about masturbating himself. He said he tries and tries, but its like smoking, he can't stop. He said its because it feels very nice. Im 34 but I never had this problem. So I don't know what else to do. Please someone help me. :confused:
    lostissues Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

Apr 2, 2008, 11:36 PM
    He's 13, the time frame of puberty, it's the time where people experiment with themselves. It's perfectly normal for him to masturbate. It's a part of growing up. To be honest, masturbation is a way to know one's body better. Personally, I don't see what's so wrong with this situation. So in all honesty, maybe I'm missing a point here, but why should this be a problem?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Apr 4, 2008, 10:41 AM
    He sounds like a perfectly normal 13-year-old to me. Honestly, I'm impressed that he feels comfortable enough to talk with you about something like this. Most kids probably wouldn't confide in their parents about this subject.

I gather by his telling you, he's embarrassed and maybe concerned that its "wrong." If so, just explain that there is nothing wrong with masturbation. In fact, its quite normal, especially for boys his age.. . and make sure to tell him how proud you are that he's so honest with you. :)
    mysonsproblem Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 12:02 AM
    Thank you all very much! This advice is so true, I told him there is nothing wrong with it a month ago, and he is in a happier mood and is doing better ins chool. Thank you SO MUCH!

Regards - Mary :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I evict my son, girlfriend, and son from my home? [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I currently have my son, girfriend and son living at our house. He is a recovering drug addict who still causes us trouble. He argues with us, me especially,and beats me up. Two weeks after open heart surgery, he threw me into a wall by pushing me in the chest. Just recently while I was...

Son came here on H4 on Dec 17, 2007. Can I claim my son as dependent for 2007 [ 1 Answers ]

I came here on H1B on June 2007, and my wife and son came here on H4 on Dec 17, 2007. Can I claim my son as dependent for 2007?

My son [ 2 Answers ]

Would you send you're kid off if he is showing signs of turning out like his dad and not listening to you or the stepdad

How can adopt my wife's son (my step son) [ 3 Answers ]

My wife's ex husband doesn't really take care of his son. He doesn't call or anything. The only thing that we get is approximately $45 every 2-3 weeks but that amount varies. I on the other hand have been providing everything for my wife's son even before we got married since her son was about 3...

I need help with my son. [ 11 Answers ]

I'm 36 and have a 16 year old son. His mother moved to Scotland before he was born and 2 years ago died of cancer my son who I didn't even know about came to live with me. However we didn't really take to each other. Kyle(my son)had a stepdad who wasn't the most nice of people so he doesn't...

View more questions Search