Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    questions for a friend Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2008, 04:37 PM
    Mortgage has both names
    Being married only a year, the house has both names on it, initially it was the husbands house and when they married the wife's name was put on, can he somehow void her name as he is paying the mortgage himself as she does not work. She receives funding from the government for a health issue which she spends on herself and her son. How can he prove that he pays the bills. Also, if she chooses not to work because she says "she gets more money without working than if she were to get a job"
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2008, 04:40 PM
    Welcome to divorce the finding out it is often cheaper to keep them.

Because you put her on the deed there is no way to take her off unless the divorce court orders it. And they may see her as 1/2 owner and you may even end up paying her for her 1/2 of the equity in the house.

As for the mortgage, to get her name off, after her name is off the deed, you can refinance.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2008, 05:44 PM
    You didn't say whether the property was refinanced. Do you know? If she is not on the mortgage, then she can quitclaim her interest to him. He/she may need a lawyer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Commercial names to botanical names [ 1 Answers ]

Sirs, I want to know botanical names of all fruits,plants and flowers,particulerly all horticulture products and floriculture products.i.e. from commercial popular name to botanical names. Thank you and with regards. J.B.Gandhi

Same names on mortgage and deed? [ 1 Answers ]

Is it necessary to have the same names on the mortgage and deed? When my husband and I bought our Colorado home, my mother signed on the loan since I was only a student. We would like to quitclaim her portion of the deed. Can we do this without going through the process of changing the mortgage...

Name on Mortgage Vs Names on Deed [ 2 Answers ]

I just received a mortgage commitment from my mortgage company, but ONLY on my name. My wife wants to be sure her name appears on the Deed from the time of closing. Is this possible without disturbing the mortgage commitment or starting all over to look for a loan? Jfe

Changing names on a mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have a joint mortgage with a family member, who has decided that she no-longer wants to be on the mortgage, and wants to change the so that her brother is on the joint mortgage instead. As I am currently preparing to buy my own place, I no-longer want to be on the mortgage either,...

Adding children's Names To Mortgage [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to add my grown up children to my mortgage as they are paying it as well as me, how can I go about this and how much will it cost. June Chapman

View more questions Search