Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erick66 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2008, 01:59 PM
    Hooking hdtv,hdreceiver and dvd recorder
    I try to connect my hd TV, panasonic dvd recorder and hd receiver , but I couldn't , I want able to record programs in my dvd recorder.Can someone please help me step by step how to set done this.

I have:

Olevia lcd hdtv
    Connections:
    Hdmi
    Component
    s-video
    Rca

Direct TV hd receiver
    Connections:
    Hdmi
    Components
    s-video
    Rca
    Usb

Panasonic dvd recorder
    Connections:
    Component
    s-video
    Rca
    Rf in
    Rf out

Right now I just watching my TV ,connecting my TV to my hdreceiver using hdmi and the cable fron the dish is plugging in my receiver too.

Thank you everyone
    Sincerely erick
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2008, 02:34 PM
    If so you can connect the DVD recorder to the TV out jacks. You can record what you are watching. The TV will be connected to the Dish receiver in the normal fashion. The DVD recorder outputs can then be connected to another set of TV inputs to watch what was recorded or to watch a DVD movie. Kind of a circle, but it'll work.

DIRECT TV out -----> TV in. ***** TV out -------------> DVD in. ***** DVD out -------------> TV in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hooking up a dvd/vcr combo & PVR to hdtv [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Samsung HP-S4253 (Samsung HP-S4253 Specs. Flat-panel TVs Specifications., I currently have a Motorola DCT 6416 III (Hardware - HDPVR) hooked up to it (its setup through Shaw Cable) and I also have a Panasonic DVD/VCR (DMR-ES46V) (DMR-ES46VS - Hot Deals - Shop and Compare at...

Dvd recorder, hdtv connection with dish network [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Sony HDTV KDS-R60XBR2 that I wish to connect to a Panasonic DMR-ES25 DVD recorder/player. I suscribe to dish network and have a two TV set receiver, model number VIP622DVR. I do not have local channels with the dish but get them through a separate antenna connection on TV. The back of...

Hooking up DVR to DVD recorder, to receiver, to HDTV [ 3 Answers ]

I've been looking for the exact answer to my specific problem, but I haven't been able to find it yet. I hope someone can help me. Here's my equipment: Comcast Scientific Atlanta HDDVR cable box (8300HD, 1 HDMI out, component Out 1, composite Out 2, digital audio) Samsung LCD HDTV (LNT4065F,...

Connecting DVD recorder to dish hd box then HDTV [ 1 Answers ]

Want to connect phillips dvdr hard drive recorder to dish hd box and then to a sony bravia hdtv

How do I connect a DVD Recorder to Satellite Box to HDTV? [ 1 Answers ]

Here's what I'm trying to connect: Phillips DVD Recorder Model DVDR3400 (which has 1 HDMI input) DirecTV HD Receiver (which also has 1 HDMI input) Panasonic Plasma HDTV Model TH-42PX60U (has 2 HDMI inputs) And this is what I have in the way of cables: 1 HDMI cable 1 component video...

View more questions Search