Slapping kids
    Should like a relative slap your kids?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 25, 2008, 11:04 AM
    Like, No.
    Jack2794 Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Mar 28, 2008, 01:34 PM
    I agree with Altenweg, no they should not.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2008, 02:20 PM
    Years ago when my cousin and I were younger he got into trouble and mouthed off to my mother, who slapped his hands.

When he went home that night he told his mother of the event, thinking shed be angry with her sister. Instead, his mother said "WHAT DID YOU DO TO TICK HER OFF?!" and he, of course, got in trouble for the second time that day. It's a lesson he never forgot.

If a relative slapped my kid across the face, thered be hell to pay. If the relative slapped a hand, id want to know what and why, and it might depend on the relative.
    KD33 Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2008, 02:39 PM
    A relative has no right to slap your kids. That is taking your charge away from parenting and pushing you being tha parent out of the picture. If anyone you should be the one doing that... if you know they deserve it cause it think it's cruel to be doing that personally.
    ldyastrid Posts: 82, Reputation: 12

Apr 14, 2008, 02:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171
    years ago when my cousin and i were younger he got into trouble and mouthed off to my mother, who slapped his hands.

when he went home that night he told his mother of the event, thinking shed be angry with her sister. instead, his mother said "WHAT DID YOU DO TO TICK HER OFF?!" and he, of course, got in trouble for the second time that day. its a lesson he never forgot.

if a relative slapped my kid across the face, thered be hell to pay. if the relative slapped a hand, id want to know what and why, and it might depend on the relative.

My uncle had a paddle he used on any kid needing it... and put their name on it. My cousin's (his nephew) name was on it the most... All the kids knew the rules - you break the rules - you suffer the consequences - end of story! I never got whacked, but my brother did... once... and never after that!

I remember my uncle telling my aunt to take her kids with her when she left - even though we begged to let them stay and play with us - all we were told was "Nope - they can't stay if their mom or dad aren't here"... so I'm guessing our parents were OK with my uncle doling out discipline if we stepped out of line.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 14, 2008, 06:45 PM
    My 3 and 4 year old grandkids slap each other and even bite once in a while. But beyound that, no they should not.

But then to be honest your queston did not give any details or explaining more as to what was happenening
    CluesslySmart Posts: 5, Reputation: -1
    -

Apr 15, 2008, 08:33 PM
    I don't think so, though in my family any relative can slap. I think only parents shuld put hands on chldren who aren't there's
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2008, 08:36 PM
    Like, NEVER.
    KateBell88 Posts: 51, Reputation: 8

Apr 17, 2008, 05:01 PM
    It depends on what culture you come from - I'd just ask the parents what they do at home and if it's OK for you to do the same if they play up. Safest way to go.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2008, 05:02 PM
    Like, on my god! It's so not right.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2008, 12:24 AM
    Nope. Nobody should slap anyone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dating a man with kids and I don't have kids [ 6 Answers ]

I've never dated a man with kids... and he has 4! 2 teens and 2 in their 20's... and a grandbaby on the way! He's been very aggressive (fast) about getting to the next level(s). We have a great time together and we connect on many levels. He asked early on that we date exclusively as he...

Puppet kids show on discovery kids [ 3 Answers ]

This show came on discovery kids in the morning in the 90's it was kind of weird a women And kids say they want to get silly something and they would take a spoon and eat Something out of puppet flowers mouths, the puppets would open there mouths and other silly stuff was like this on the...

Can I get my kids? [ 7 Answers ]

My ex-wife has full legal and physical custody of our two boys because when we got a divorce she led me to believe that a father couldn't get full or even joint custody in the state of Mississippi. Now, sum odd years later, I believe she cannot provide adequate care for our kids. She does not now...

The moon landing and the flag slapping [ 6 Answers ]

How do you get a flag to do that where there is no gravity ? I hope you can see this link from NASA , can anyone explain how the corner of the flag folds towards the poster astronaut ? http://history.nasa.gov/40thann/mpeg/ap1... Best Regards,

I have 3 kids and want 1 more [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, I have 3 girls ages 2, 4, and 8. I want to have one more but my husband doesn't agree yet. Can anyone tell me if 4 is better or worse than 3? Thank you!

View more questions Search