Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chris72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 08:18 AM
    No hot water from any tap
    Hi there I need help I have no hot water from any tap in my house up stairs or down does anyone have any ideas on what can cause this.
    All help gratefully accepted
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 25, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Drain and flush the water heater. At the bottom of water heater is a place to connect a howe. Connect hose and put in floor drain or sink or out of doors. Open valve and let water run until clear. The water line out out the water heater is probably blocked from sediment in the bottom of the tank. May clear or may not. If not, you will probably have to replace heater. Should drain and flush heater annually.
    ms180sx Posts: 64, Reputation: 6

Mar 25, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Also check the fuse box in your house, to see if your hot water heater got shut off somehow. If its getting power, and u flush with no results, start looking into replacing.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 25, 2008, 10:42 AM
    We may be going down the wrong road without more details. Do you get cool/warm water out of your hot tap or no water at all? No water means the mixing valve ( faucet) is blocked with trash. Flushing the heater is important but it won't fix both problems. Tell us the flow and temp of the hot tap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

Hot water coming from cold water tap [ 15 Answers ]

Hot water is coming from 2 cold water taps and one upstairs toilet, turns to cold after 15-20 seconds, it comes out very hot. Thought it might be Bleeding through faucets, so changed laundry tub and kitchen faucett. Still does it. The cold pipes seem to get hot from near the water tank. The dip...

Cold water OK in kitchen tap but no hot -mixer tap [ 3 Answers ]

No problems with tap which is a mixer in kitchen, suddenly no hot water but cold water coming out OK. Could this be a build up of lime? And how can I fix it?

No hot water from the bath tap [ 4 Answers ]

The hot water is only trickling out of the bath tap and comes to a stop although the washbasin hot tap is working- bathroom is upstairs. We have the same problem with the kitchen hot tap the water is only trickling and soon comes to a standstill. Can anyone help. Kind Regards, anr

Luke warm water from hot water tap [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a condo (efficiency) that was converted from a motel. I 've had and have problems with hot water in taps. The unit is old and the feed pipes from the hot/cold water supplies are not accessible. Last year all I got was luke warm water from the shower and two taps in the unit. I had a...

View more questions Search