Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flowerchildnea Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Apr 15, 2008, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171
    well i noticed the same way i noticed two were brunette italians, another was blonde... i mean, im only describing their bodies. that doesnt mean id ever categorize one as the "lanky girl" or the "short one"...

so... its normal to feel the way you feel... but really, its just stress about something you can't change.
    Yeah.

There are a lot of things in my life that I stress out about, because I WANT to change them. But I'm trying to accept things the way they are, make the best of them, and focus on the things I DO like, and work from there.

I grew up the ugly duckling, and now I feel like people compliment me more than I can handle.

I guess you can say I blossomed over time (as opposed to over night), and now I feel as though I'm possibly in the prime of it.

I don't wear make up, but when I do... it's not very much.

I'm considered a hippy, but not because I don't shave my arm pits, and smoke pot, haha.

I just wear my hair long and straight, I wear sandals a lot, and I'm just not really all that into fashion, or high heels, or manicures.

I make myself sound horrible, but it works for me... and people tend to like me.

Bottom line, I just need to like myself.

Sometimes I don't even know why I don't.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 15, 2008, 01:06 PM
    There is a very good reason us guys don't carry measuring tapes, If it looks good we like it. When I'm performing in my favorite sport, GIRL WATCHING, I like 'em all, short, fat, or tall, blind, cripple, or crazy.
    flowerchildnea Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Apr 15, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Hahaha.

Well, it's nice to have a "type" or an idea of what you like at least.

I mean... I get what you're saying, but dude... do you REALLY like crippled, and crazy girls?
    Expert

Apr 15, 2008, 06:15 PM
    God didn't make no ugly women! They are all beautiful in there own way, and have value, and the potential to be happy, and share much love.
    KateBell88 Posts: 51, Reputation: 8

Apr 18, 2008, 12:30 AM
    If you really feel uncomfortable you can always dress to lengthen your torso - Google it for tips. Eg. Wearing a top that's long with jeans and knee high boots will make your legs look shorter and your torso longer.
    SteveWard3928 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2008, 02:14 AM
    Comment on JBeaucaire's post
    Funny

Apr 20, 2008, 02:17 AM
    Real quick... I like shorter legs. That was part of my attraction to her (wife). Steve:D
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2008, 02:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWard3928
    Real quick....I like shorter legs. that was part of my attraction to her (wife). Steve:D

I'm a woman so I don't really look - but when I had the conversation with my husband one time (my sister has legs like a bird!) he said that the important thing to him was that the legs reach from the body to the ground.

So maybe that's what counts.
    bek2134944 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2008, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerchildnea
    No... thank you SOO much.

I really appreciate the story, and the response.

The way you put it makes so much more sense.

I've struggled with accepting myself, and my body for the longest time.

There's a lot to it... but I'll save that for another thread, unless you guys want to hear the story behind my insecurity.

You're most welcome! And if you did, indeed, want to share some more stories about yourself, I'll be glad to listen! :) Even if they are about your insecurties!

Apr 26, 2008, 07:52 PM
    Oh enough of the self improvement sayings "be happy" are you wishing you had long or short legs. Pretend psychology never existed.

1) I am a guy and wish mine were more musclular. Unhappy.

2) I like shorter legs on a girl. I like looking at her knees when...
    supersmash Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2008, 03:48 PM
    I think long limbs are quite attractive but short limbs are not. Regardless of height, somebody of the opposite sex with relatively long limbs and a short torso ( rather than short limbs and long torso) is considered more attractive by the general population as shown in a recent scientific study conducted by Polish scientists Long legs really are more sexy - being-human - 17 January 2008 - New Scientist
    And because of my preface of long limbs, I have a hard time finding East Asian girls attractive because of the fact that they generally have relatively short limbs (and not because they are generally short too).
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 24, 2008, 04:25 PM
    To each their own.

The sexiest thing a woman can have is confidence and good self esteem. I've been attracted to women who didn't match my general physical "preferences" because they were strong, looked you in the eye, and spoke their mind.
    jp1782 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

May 24, 2008, 04:28 PM
    Being a guy myself, all I can do is to tell you what I prefer. I have no idea if "most" men relate or not, but I really like long legs. But more than that, I find a woman comfortable with herself so much more attractive than anything else.
    supersmash Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 04:55 PM
    Generally both men and women consider somebody of the opposite sex with long limbs to be more attractive than somebody with short limbs. That's what I know and that's my imo too, but it's a general consensus, though, so it can be considered a fact not an opinion.
    Expert

May 25, 2008, 08:31 PM
    As long as they are pretty even in length, who cares?
    jamiesson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2008, 07:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by supersmash View Post
    I think long limbs are quite attractive but short limbs are not. Regardless of height, somebody of the opposite sex with relatively long limbs and a short torso ( rather than short limbs and long torso) is considered more attractive by the general population as shown in a recent scientific study conducted by Polish scientists Long legs really are more sexy - being-human - 17 January 2008 - New Scientist
    And because of my preface of long limbs, I have a hard time finding East Asian girls attractive because of the fact that they generally have relatively short limbs (and not because they are generally short too).
    I have to disagree with what you said about smaller/shorter body parts on a woman is considered less attractive by the general population (the thing about this study is that they only test a couple of dudes that just so happen to like long tall women.) I think that any body proportion can be pulled off. A woman can be petite and her curves are shown off in a totally different way. Think of the old fashion pin up girl look. They have shorter full legs and tiny physiques. That short petite body type is actually starting to become uncommon in women today. I'm 5'1, short legs, medium length torso and I feel like I'm the one who's awkward since I'm not the 5 foot 8 model type. So it's all how you view things. Shorter legs, Long legs, they just give guys a variety.
    AManWithNoName Posts: 424, Reputation: 9

Dec 9, 2008, 06:00 PM

Hell, honestly, I couldn't give a flying fuk
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Dec 9, 2008, 06:21 PM

Quote Originally Posted by FlowerChildNea
    [Why] do guys prefer LONG or short legs on Women?
    To get to the other side.
    ImMacrina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2010, 07:05 AM
    Wow I wish I'm 5'8.lol I'm 15 years old 5'2 ,yuh Im Small. GOSH I wish I'm like you guys 5'8 having long legs like models. Hehe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Guys, do you prefer shy or outgoing women? [ 12 Answers ]

Anyone's opinion is welcome :)

What do you prefer guys, breasts or ? [ 21 Answers ]

I was just wondering what do u consider more attractive, a pair of big boobs or a round firm ?

Legs on Antique Table are too short [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lovely antique dining table that has been in my family for four generations, but the turned legs that are on small castors are too shortfor us, and it's difficult to sit at. How can I "extend" the legs so that the 6-foot+ members of our family can sit at the table comfortably?

View more questions Search