Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tyron Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Replace cam in 16.5 hp. Briggs & stratten
    I was wondering what would be the correct way to get to the cam shaft on my 16.5hp. Briggs, in order to remove it and replace it with another new cam shaft?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Well, remove the engine from the unit, purchase the new camshaft, oil main seal, and sump gasket. Drain all the oil. Remove the pto pulley, remove the sump cover, remove the camshaft, remove the main oil seal, then replace all the parts removed with new ones, and then after assembly, add fresh oil.
    Tyron Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 05:19 AM
    Okee Dokee, thank you. I'll give it a try. What is a sump cover?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2008, 07:12 PM
    The sump cover it the name for the bottom pan, kind of like the "oil pan".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

12.5 HP Briggs & Stratten Lawn Mower Engine [ 2 Answers ]

Hi- I have a strange problem with this engine. It starts and runs fine most of the time. But, every now and then it starts to smoke, lots of smoke out the muffler. The only way I can get it to stop is turn the engine off. It get into the carburetor through the Positive crankcase ventilator. I...

B & S model# 121412 Chipper/Shredder- Cam Setting [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the cam setting of a Briggs & Stratton model 121412 Chipper/Shredder.

Briggs & Stratton 98902 - realigning cam shaft [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Briggs & Stratton 98902 and I removed the sump and the cam shaft fell out. How do I realign the cam shaft? Thanks in advance, Kevin

14hp briggs and stratten motor [ 3 Answers ]

Has two wires from under flywheel red and black and two other wires going behind the starter (not the starter wires) how do I use these wires to get this motor running?

Briggs&Stratten 16.5 hp [ 2 Answers ]

My MTD yard machine lawn tractor has a has a 16.5 hp Briggs and Stratton motor. Starts easily but will only run in the choke (start) position. Something simple to adjust?

View more questions Search