Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happy711 Posts: 215, Reputation: 4

Mar 20, 2008, 07:29 AM
    Germany Vs. Italy
    For three teens and two parents, can anyone say which is a better vacation spot to go to Germany or Italy. If you have been there, can you please explain how it is or which one is just more enjoyable.
    mbskng54 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 08:00 AM
    Maybe I should not respond to this, but I visited my son in Germany last year. Of course he's in the Army, so maybe around military towns the Deutsche variety are not friendly (don't dare call them Germans or refer to their language as "German" to their face). I tried to make eye contact and smile at several of them, but I just received a cold stare back. After I got back to the States, I was told that if you smile at them they see it as a sign of weakness. The most curteous ones I met were the ones employed as Security Officers on the Army post. For the most part "Germans" do not like Americans. My son was over there 3 years and practically kissed American soil when they left Germany for good. He hated it over there. I'm not sure how the Italians feel about Americans, but I would almost guess that they will be a lot more friendly. You know how affectionate Italians are rumored to be? Good luck in your decision. I guess I should add that the countryside is BEAUTIFUL in Germany, that's the positive side of my visit.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2008, 09:26 AM
    I traveled to Italy two years ago as a chaperone for a sports team of teenagers... They absolutely LOVED it! We went to Pisa, Florence, all over. Not only did I have a blast, but they enjoyed themselves immensely.
    R0cKin_t33N Posts: 78, Reputation: 0

Mar 20, 2008, 02:21 PM
    Italy Hands down... the water is beautiful, the breeze is fresh, and the people are so kind and generous (especially the guys -If you're a Girl-)...
    .Gud LuCk choosing

Mar 20, 2008, 07:43 PM
    You guys have persuaded me to go to Italy but does anyone know which one is cheaper?
    mbskng54 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2008, 08:06 AM
    I know that I went to an ATM in Germany and took out $40 but because the Euro is worth much more than our dollar, they took $55 from my checking account. Not sure if the Euro is what is used in Italy. Do they still have "Lira" or whatever it's called?

Mar 21, 2008, 12:28 PM
    I'm not positive but in Italy I think they changed to Euro from Lira but I could be wrong.
    kirriky Posts: 80, Reputation: 26

Mar 21, 2008, 03:48 PM
    Italy is cheaper. Also I think it's a better choice seeing as to how the weather is better, there's beaches and stuff, and loads of museums, monuments, picturesque towns in general.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 24, 2008, 06:14 PM
    Kirriky - Germany also has great weather, beaches, museums etc. I'm originally from Germany and have been back many times to visit.

When we were there last the weather was over 40 degrees celsius the entire time we were there. Talk about hot!
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2008, 06:21 PM
    I like the fact that you can recycle almost everything in germany, for example on an exchange trip there sweets were a lot cheeper (practically everything is cheeper in other countries when you live in the uk) anyhoo I managed to return my lollypop stick to the tuck shop for 5 cent how cool is that, I mea return coke bottles that you pay for and they give you money back if you give them back to recycle,(government here just tell you to recycle and don't give you anything as a incentive)
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Mar 25, 2008, 05:52 PM
    Go to italy. Ferrsherr.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Working in Germany and Two US States [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I worked at a German company for all of 2007 (started in July 2006) and lived in Germany for 7 months of the year. I moved to Michigan for 5 months during 2007 but continued being paid from the German company and paid no US taxes. I maintained a mailing address in Rhode Island but did...

Can I keep my ex from moving to Germany? [ 11 Answers ]

I have 3 children with my ex, all under the age of 13. She recently sent me a letter stating she was moving to Germany with her new husband, who is in the military. The letter stated that if I did not sign the Consent form, she would take me to court to have my child support raised. I sent her a...

View more questions Search