Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Domieq Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 09:34 AM
    Burn DVD's
    My computer has a DVD burner, but not sure how to use it. Basically, I want to be able to take a DVD movie copy it to my computer then burn it to a blank disc. I've tried it a few times and get an error message that says something about it can't encode??

Isn't there a program that I can buy to de-code t and burn it? I've read some stuff on the net but it all seems to complicated.

Thanks!
    drsam Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Mar 19, 2008, 09:58 AM
    Hi,
    Your problem as far as I can make out is because you are trying to copy the vob. File from the dvd and then trying to burn it but dvd coping is not like cd coping it needs supporting BUP and IFO files also only then the dvd burner will burn,or may be if the dvd is copyright protected then you can't just copy and burn you need to first make an image or the original dvd using a software and then you can burn that image on a blank dvd...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is a steam burn worse than a hot water burn ? [ 18 Answers ]

I would like to have the answers in short abou t the following : a) Why asteam burn is worse than a hot water burn? b) A pressure cooker cooks food faster c) A car cooling system is usually pressurized d)An astronaut needs a pressurized space suit all round his body e)It is difficult to make...

Burning dvd's [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently downloaded the KLite codec pack which came with the Media Player Classic. I like that this player plays mvi files but I would like to be able to burn the English versions. When I try to burn them using Nero I get the Japenese without subtitles. Can anyone tell me if it is possible...

Can't burn cds but DVDS burn fine [ 7 Answers ]

:rolleyes: Hi there I have looked through the relevant forum pages and couldn't find the answer so here goes.I have a Sony DVD RW DW -D22A (cd rom drive)if I want to burn any DVD fine no problems but a different matter for cdrs.If I put a blank cdr into the drive and then try to burn all that...

Copying DVD's [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought a new computer which has a DVD-RW drive. Can I copy DVD movies from the video store or do they have some sort of anti-copying device that will prevent it?

Copying DVD's [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a new computer which has a DVD-RW drive. Can I copy DVD movies from the video store or do they have some sort of anti-copying device that will prevent it?

View more questions Search