Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jwood0555 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 05:11 PM
    Home improvement for disabled brother
    My brother needs a wheelchair accessible ramp and shower. He has his own house. Can he get a Federal grant for this improvement? Thx
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2008, 06:32 PM
    Often there are not direct grants, he can see if there are programs from groups to help with this. If he is a VET often the american Legion, or the VFW will help with those. Also there may be faith based groups in your area that help. He can also check with the local social workers to see if there are local programs they have available.
    Also if he has a certain illness, there may be support groups that help.

* I am assuming this is a home he owns, if he is a renter, and it is a larger rental company, and they rent though section 8 or another government program, they may put him on a list to be moved to an apartment that has those features.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2008, 06:59 PM
    Check with your county as well. The county which neighbors mine will construct wheelchair access ramps in the homes of people in need for free or for a very low cost. Good luck to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home improvement grant for a disabled individual [ 3 Answers ]

Need to know if there are grants available to disabled individuals to remodel the home such as interior painting, taking off paneling and replacing it so it can be painted, putting in a bathroom vanity, new kitchen floor, remodeling kitchen cabinets, putting in new carpet and finishing a garage...

Home improvement [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there I am having problem removing ceramic tile from the soft partiton wall as I don't want to apply force to avoid plaster board demage any recommendation I thought heat gun might be an idea but haven't tried yet advice any easy method Secondly how to take off gloss enemal from a warnish...

Grant for home improvement [ 3 Answers ]

I need a grant for home improvement project. I have many health problems and need to be able to fix my back deck and make it handicap accessible, also need to repair front porch and put in guard rails. Are there any grants for this type of home improvement project?

Home improvement assistance [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a good reliable source for home improvement grants for a disabled person just beginning the process of becoming unable to care for self? Needing help with turning home into wheelchair and hospital bed suitable?

Interior home improvement [ 4 Answers ]

How high should a chair rail go on a wall when it is in a living room?

View more questions Search