Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BigCityDreams007 Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2008, 08:14 AM
    Trying, And Trying, And Trying, to Conceive
    My Fiancé and I have been together for a few years now and have living together for a little over a year. We are getting married next year! ( April 17th ) We have been trying to have a child for a little over a year now and still nothing. I have tracked ovulation, and I've done the kits to find out what dates I ovulate. I have very irregular periods. And I have had problems with cysts in the past. Due to the career path I have chosen I do not receive benefits. I have no insurance. I know I should see a doctor, but since I have no insurance I don't really know what my options are.

I live in KC Missouri. So if anyone could give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it!
    lovingstar Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 09:05 AM
    Why don't you try not think about pregnancy. I've read that it works. Having irregular periods might be because you are in stres about not having insurance and benefits. Try to relax because there is always a way to solve your problems. Have you checked out any clinics? Some of the clinic works with you about payments and are cheaper then going to hospital. And congrat on your upcoming marriage :-)
    BigCityDreams007 Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2008, 10:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lovingstar
    Why don't you try not think about pregnancy. I've read that it works. Haveing irregular periods might be because you are in stres about not haveing insurance and benefits. Try to relax because their is always a way to solve your problems. Have you checked out any clinics? some of the clinic works with you about payments and are cheaper then going to hospital. and congrat on your upcoming marrage :-)
    Well for the last few months I haven't really thought much about it because I've been having so much fun with wedding planning. I thought the same thing that stress was making me not get pregnant but still nothing. I haven't checked out clinics but I don't really know where to start.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 01:38 PM
    If you don't have insurance, I would stop trying to get pregnant until you do. My fiancé (husband now) and I were trying before we got married. He had insurance but I didn't, but I knew I would be added to his once we got married. Once I started looking into insurances more we stopped trying... the majority (if not all) of insurance companies will not cover your pregnancy if you get pregnant before enrolling. Pregnancy and childbirth is EXPENSIVE... I would work on getting insurance first. You don't have to get it through work, there are many companies you can get insurance from on your own without going through an employer.

That said, there isn't much we can tell you aside from you need to see a doctor. There are many things that need to be checked... hormone levels, ovulation, sperm, etc. I take a medication to regulate my period plus hormones. Aside from doing what you are doing, there is little else you can do without seeing a doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to conceive [ 1 Answers ]

Hello friends,I want to ask u,I got my 32 days pregnancy aborted 1 year ago.now from last 6 months we are trying to conceive.I took clomid during my last cycle but still I don't feel asif I am pregnant.what could be the reason.can medical abortion leads to blocked fallopian tubes? Help me?

Trying to conceive [ 10 Answers ]

My partner and I have been trying for a baby since jan with no luck. My partner is 20 years older than me. He has a child from a previous relationship. I am desperate to make our family complete. Think I am thinking about it too much and winding myself up. Don't think my boyfriend understands how...

We got our first 32 days old prgnancy aborted medically through a pill in feb 2007,now I want to conceive ,we are trying during my ovulation period but I am not getting pregnant.my first day of last period was 2 oct 2007 and my menstural cycle is sometimes 29 days or 30 days,can I conceive.what...

I need some advice. We are Trying to conceive and I thought I would be ovulating around the 15-17th of the month and that would be 2 weeks from my last period, and now I have started my period, I have had regular periods in the past so I am not for sure what is going on? Any helpful advice would be...

Trying to conceive [ 2 Answers ]

I have been trying to conceive now for a couple months and I tracked my ovulation period and the days I would be most fertile to try and conceive.So we did the deed every day at least 3 times a day and noticed the next day after that I had very light spotting when in the bathroom, I checked a...

View more questions Search