Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leeboy Posts: 172, Reputation: 5

Mar 16, 2008, 03:30 PM
    Makinga rubber or plastic mould for a body part
    I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to re-create a body panel out of plastic or rubber. What I have is a 76 Ventura front hearder panel (see picture) I have a Nova as a stock car , and the last one I put on, got smashed to bits. I now have a new one, and I would like to make a mould and some what duplicate it out of rubber or plastic or something that could take a hit. Any ideas would be great, Thanks !
    Attached Images

N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2008, 03:43 PM
    You would be better finding a cheap after market car parts place (at least I would think so) because
    The supplies would be expensive and they have specifications for impact and so forth.

Mar 16, 2008, 04:04 PM
    I hear you, butt his is for my race car, I want it to resemble a ventura, in racing there is no impact parts rule. I just want to make something to put on the front of the car.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2008, 04:16 PM
    Sorry I tried looking and all I could find is parts, kits and junk yards.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2008, 08:53 PM
    Ask these guys. I've seen them come up with some great ideas.

75-81 Pontiac (if not listed above) TECH - PY Online Forums
    u00bgg2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 06:50 PM
    As indicated in some of the other posts, this could get expensive, but it depends on how creative you want to be. If you are looking for a highly detailed replica you are going to have some money in this. If you are looking for one that you can make reasonable relicas of time and time again you can do this with out breaking the bank. Let me know and I will explain.
    I work in the commercial composites industry and have a little experience with this.

Mar 20, 2008, 07:44 AM
    Sent you a Pm... But id love to hear how to make a basic resemblance to this.. nothing fancy, for it will get smushed anyway... ( hopefully not)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Glutathion comes from what part of the body? [ 2 Answers ]

What is it; and how does it help atthletes?

Closet mould [ 1 Answers ]

When I go into any of the closets in my home to get something I find mould on the items that are in the closet. I have found mould on things such as clothing that is hung, purses that are on a shelf, etc. I don't know if this mould means that I need to go up into the attic and put down plastic...

Sound in ear from pressure on other body part [ 8 Answers ]

No one seems to believe this symptom. When I move my right ankle or rub my right calf in a certain location, I hear a sound inside my right ear. It sounds sort of like winding a watch. I have had sounds in tha ear for years (birds, insects etc.), but this is new and on top of that. It started...

Rubber and plastic [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, :) I am looking for rubber or plastic that could stick to the skin by a vacuum,by pressing it to the skin it causes a vacuum and stays on the skin?Do you know if something like this exists?Could you give me more details about it?Do you know about a specific product? Thank you very much ...

View more questions Search