Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lixue-Sebille 3 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 06:42 PM
    Is there a way that I can make my hair color lighter?
    It's a dark brown, but I want it to be a lighter shade. I don't want to resort to coloring my hair at all, so is there a way I can change my hair color? I've heard of bleaching the roots.. :confused:
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2008, 10:25 PM
    Chamomile shampoo
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 14, 2008, 08:13 AM
    I will need you to answer a couple of questions in order to assist you accurately. Is dark brown your natural color? What is your desired hair color?

Mar 14, 2008, 09:48 AM
    It was black, then after a few years, it turned to dark brown. O_o

Mar 14, 2008, 09:58 AM
    So I guess dark brown is my natural. I want a lighter shade of brown is all.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 14, 2008, 04:03 PM
    If you want to go from dark brown to brown, you will need to color your hair. You can select your desired hair color and use it with a 20-volume peroxide developer in equal parts to lift the color a couple of shades lighter. Using a high-lift color or single process color on dark brown can pull red tones. So, I recommend using a green based (cool) ash hair color to avoid reddish tones in your hair. Ash tones work best on dark hair. You will find these products at a beauty supply store. Be sure to let someone that's experience in hair coloring to help you apply the color application.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can I do to make my hair color FADE quickly? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I have been dyeing my hair black for two and a half years now and have recently grown tired of it. My hair is quite long, it reaches halfway down my back. I have tried in the past to just not dye my hair and let the color fade. But my natural hair color...

Will hair color remover remove the color or make it lighter? [ 3 Answers ]

I dyed my hair light golden brown. My original hair color was dark brown. Now the golden brown is starting to fade and plus my hair is growing out at the roots. The hair color did damage to my hair and I don't want to permanent dye it anymore. All I want to do is put a dark rinse to at least get my...

The best way to make my hair lighter? [ 10 Answers ]

How to make my hair Lighter Brown Please. I have always had my natural color and a few highlights. I just decided to cut of 12inchs for locks of love and I dyed my hair brown and 2 chuncks of blonde to be different. So of course it turned out way darker almost blackish. So now I would love for...

Dying hair a lighter color [ 8 Answers ]

Long story short. My hair bleaches out a lot in the sun and I did some stuff to help bleach it out too Anyway yesterday I bought dark brown hair dye so I could get my hair back to normal! But now my hair is like black! I have washed it a lot and its no longer black but it is still a really dark...

View more questions Search