Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xvxixcxkxyx Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 10:33 AM
    lack of confidence
    Hey, didn't know what to put this under, but me and my friend are doing a school talent show in a couple of days. The problem is we are singing and I'm really nervous and I don't know how I will project my voice across the hall, I'm quite shy! Please help?
    And we also don't get microphones =(
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Mar 13, 2008, 02:27 PM
    Congratulations! How exciting is this? The first thing you do is remind yourself what a beautiful voice you were blessed with. Close your eyes and take a deep breath right before you begin to sing.

Hidden inside of you is the strength you need to stand on that stage and sing from your heart. It's been laying dormat inside their your entire life. Now it's time to release it and share your talents with the rest of the world.

I once heard it said that in each one of us, in me, in you, a great person exists sleeping: all you have to do is wake that person up. One day Pope Julius II watched Michelangelo hammering away at a slab of marble. "Why are you working so hard?" he asked. Michelangelo replied, "Can't you see there's an angel imprisoned in this block of stone? I'm working as hard as I can to set him free." Both men were looking at the same piece of marble. Only Michelangelo knew that out of that block of stone he could fashion a magnificent statue, an angel.

Like the angel hidden inside that block of stone, inside you, there sleeps an imprisoned angel, a great person waiting to become inspired and manifest itself outward. To merge with your conscious self, with the purpose and intent of revealing to you new understandings. Always at the ready and always useful to you, helping you reach your true potentials.

So stand on that stage and remember, this is your time and regardless if its your best performance or not, will not matter. This is the beginning of something brand new and exciting. You are stronger than your fear will ever be. Give it the best you have and the rest will fall into place.

I will not end with the simple phrase, 'Good Luck', because I don't think luck will have anything to do with it!
    xvxixcxkxyx Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 04:19 PM
    Thank you that's very meaningful ! Thanks xx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Confidence [ 2 Answers ]

I have no confidence and very low self esteem. This has a very big impact on all aspects of my life. I am forever putting myself down, I cannot accept compliments although people tell me all the time I am an attractive women. I allow people to use me because I do not think much of myself. I...

Lack of money, lack of job, banging my head against a brick wall it seems. [ 8 Answers ]

OK, this has been going on for over 6 months now and I need for it to end... ive not done anything and neither has he, but I am finding it very hard to get a job, the last job I had six months ago was temp,they let me go after a month being there. I have been trying hard to get work, as of yet its...

Where has my confidence gone? [ 3 Answers ]

How do you pick yourself up after you have fallen so deep into this hole. I have become the lowest of the low. Myself confidence is lost... I don't have a grasp at anything anymore. I feel as if I have lost my ground, no I don't have a ground anymore... It's like I am floating. I've completely...

Where has my confidence gone? [ 1 Answers ]

How do you pick yourself up after you have fallen so deep into this hole. I have become the lowest of the low. Myself confidence is lost... I don't have a grasp at anything anymore. I feel as if I have lost my ground, no I don't have a ground anymore... It's like I am floating. I've completely...

Confidence. [ 3 Answers ]

Oh I'm admitting it. I have self confidence issues. I never thought I did because well... I don't know I always thought I was pretty dam confident.. but after asking here and talking to some friends they all agree that I have low confidence in myself... Something like I feel I'm not good enough...

View more questions Search