Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beetz Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 06:39 AM
    Court case info
    Hi there

I am researching admissibility of scientific evidence into court. I need info on specific cases involving fingerprint evidence, blood pattern evidence and DNA evidence. I must have the info from legal documents or scientific papers or I can't use and reference them. Can anyone tell me how to find and get assess to them or where to find them. I live in the U.K. if that makes a difference but I can't find what I need on the internet or library unless I'm doing something wrong :confused: Any help would be great. :)

Thank you :p
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 13, 2008, 06:47 AM
    Get yourself an account with Lexis/Nexus and research away.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 07:04 AM
    Courts basic rule is that they will accept as FACT any normally accepted science principle. So the hardest fight is fighting for something new,
    There are 1000's and 10's of 1000's of case laws on fingerprinting, as each court or area had to accept/reject, get appealed and so on, as it is with DNA

So if you have a specific case, what you have to do is hire experts to testify on your specific case, not the entire idea of accepting fingerprints, But to show how your specific evidence is not valid for some principle.
    This can be done by the submitting of any valid research.

You will provide the other side of the court case with the evidence you wish to submit, and then they can file a motion to not allow and there will be hearings to determine if you get to use that evidence or not.

Example here in the US, why high profile cases take months or years to do, and cases of homeless people take two days.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Court case [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. Can anyone please tell me if a solicitor can attend my court case in the magistrates court on behalf of myself as I'm out of the country for a few years?and also if I don't attend can the police come to another country to arrest me and bring me back for the case? This has been going on for 2...

Court case [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, this is going to be a long one. I would really like to hear from someone who really knows the legal system well. This question particularly pertains to the Calvin Harris case in NY. Supposedly what wsa said happened was he killed his wife the day of the terrorists attacks, if you want to...

Can talking to a creditor outside of the court be harmful to my case? [ 9 Answers ]

As stated before We filed an Intend to defend and requested a hearing as well with the court and credit card company. The lawyer for the credit card company sent a letter wanting to discuss arrangements with us and try and keep it out of court as to save money. If we talk to them and explain we...

Probation court case pending [ 6 Answers ]

There is suppose to be a hearing on the east coast, about the validity Of probation on cases where probation is not mentioned in the charges. Is this case really in the court?

What problems are there in taking a civil case to court? [ 3 Answers ]

What problems are there in taking a civil case to court? :confused:

View more questions Search