Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Avasean Posts: 85, Reputation: 6

Mar 12, 2008, 01:47 PM
    Frizzy Fried Dead Hair *
    Hey everyone. My problem is exactly what the subject is... Frizzy--Fried--Dead Hair! I really need some help with my hair.

I dye my hair 2 or 3 times a year. I wash and condition regularly with vitamin enriched shampoo and conditioner.

I tried using the Sunsilk Frizz-Free and Sunsilk Hair-Repair... (green and pink bottles)... and neither of them worked. I used the Frizz Free stuff for 3 months, with NO results AT ALL. The same with the Hair-Repair. :mad: :(

I'm completely lost. My hair is quite long... well, it's past my shoulder blades and VERY thick. It breaks; it's frizzy; it's always falling out. Even though I have shed enough hair to make... not just one wig... but enough wigs to open a wig store, the hair hasn't gotten any thinner. :mad: :confused:

Can someone PLEASE! Help me! I really need to fix this. I really want to be a model/ actress, but I don't think that I am going to get anywhere or very far, at least, with my hair in the condition it is in. :confused: :(

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2008, 01:54 PM
    You can try a flat iron.

You can find one at a department store like Kmart for around $20.
    Revlon makes some rather inexpensive ones.

Best Flat Irons, Best Hair Straightener
    Look through the before and after pics
    Avasean Posts: 85, Reputation: 6

Mar 12, 2008, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    You can try a flat iron.

You can find one at a department store like Kmart for around $20.
    Revlon makes some rather inexpensive ones.

Best Flat Irons, Best Hair Straightener
    Look thru the before and after pics
    Yea, I've tried that. It's only a temporary fix, I want my hair to be healthy ALL THE TIME! Even when I do flat-iron my hair, it's still frizzy. Not AS frizzy, but it's still there.
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2008, 02:03 PM
    Are you keeping the dead ends trimmed?
    You might need one good hair cut to get it healthy.
    Do not use rubber bands or things that will damage hair

Also use a PH balanced shampoo like baby shampoo or tea tree.
    Also I use a clarifying shampoo and rotate shampoos that you use.
    It seems like if you always use the same shampoo for some reason it builds up in your hair and makes it look unhealthy
    I also use Aussie 3 minute miracle conditioner. It is the only aussie hair product and the only conditioner I think works.

There is no real cure but to have the best health possible for your hair the nutrients necessary are
    Folic Acid 800mcg, Biotin 200mcg, Pantothenic Acid 200mg, vitamin E, Zinc 30mg, Manganese 10mg, Choline 1000mg, Inositol 250mg, Para Amino Benzoic Acid (PABA) 60mg

This has most of the hair vitamins but I have never tried it.
    Hair Formula 37 Faster Hair Growth

If you are taking heart or blood medicines check with the doctor because E can affect the meds.

Mar 12, 2008, 02:13 PM
    I used to have the same problem I searched and searched for answers.
    1)take a multivitamin everyday
    2)Deep Condition your hair once a week (I use assie deep condition 3 min miracle)
    3)shampoo and condition with (aussie cleanse & mendez) it is a special formula that gives enough moisture to your ends while not making the roots greese.
    4)Get a trim every 3 months

I have done all this and now have beautiful long locks. Which I do get complimented on quite often I might say. And for those of you who don't believe me give it a try. Keep doing it and you will see.

I agree with the same shampoo I mainly use the aussie but if you use different products a few days a week it does help as well.
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2008, 02:21 PM
    Try using the aussie 3 minute miracle and leave it in all day when you don't have to go anywhere. I have done that when my hair was really bad.
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Mar 12, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Good idea nohelp4u I never thought of using it all day I am going to try this soon. I bet it leaves your hair so silky! Thanks for the tip
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Mar 12, 2008, 03:45 PM
    Have you tried oils?

Coconut or olive oil is the best. I get less breakages and my hair has zero frizz.

If you can at night, apply a scoop of the oil onto the hair concentrating on the mid lengths and ends. Massage it in. Leave on overnight. In the morning, apply shampoo onto dry hair, it won't lather much but don't worry about that. Then wash off. With that your hair will not be left greasy.

If you don't have time to apply oil on at night, after you have styled your hair, get a very amount of oil, warm it up in between your palms, then smooth over your mid lengths and ends (leave out the scalp as it will get greasy).
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 12, 2008, 04:37 PM
    If your hair is damaged and frizzy, you will need to do deep conditioning treatments to help minimize the damage. You can also use a leave-in-conditioner to reduce the frizziness and smooth the hair cuticles. As I've mentioned before, oil treatments coats the hair, but will not repair damaged hair. It can also the make your hair dull, limp and leave greasy residues. When you saturate your hair with oil, you will need to shampoo more than once to remove the oil, which can strip all the natural oils from your hair, making it drier.
    bbayy22 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2010, 12:23 PM

I learned that its best to not wash it everyday and only blow dry and straighten when you absoultley have to! Adding olive oil to your conditioner helps a lot too! Its not expensive and you can find it right in your kitchen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Curly frizzy hair! [ 3 Answers ]

OK so I have sooo much hair! And on top of that it is super curly and very frizzy. Don't get me wrong I love my hair but I wish that just once in a while it could be anti-frizzy and straight. I have tried lots of things to make it straighter and less frizzy but everything seems to fail. Like I've...

Dry and frizzy hair from leaving hair coloring on too long. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I usually color my hair every four weeks to cover up the gray. I use the same color " medium copper brown" which is a little lighter than my natural color. The last time I colored my hair, I left it on for too long, almost an hour, I was talking on the telephone and didn't notice the...

Frizzy hair [ 5 Answers ]

My hair's really dry and frizzy... can anyone tell me how to moisturize my hair... natural methods without use of chemicals:confused:

Frizzy hair [ 8 Answers ]

My hair is very frizzy and I tried blow drying it but that just makes it larger and more frizzy. How can I make it calm down?

Frizzy and hair loss [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have Epilepsy and am on excessive amounts of anti-epileptic drugs and magnesium. Over the past couple of months, I have noticed that my hair is very, very frizzy with an excessive amount of hair loss on a daily basis. I have tried to wash my hair every 2-3 days, and of used all types of...

View more questions Search