Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edgedsamurai Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 03:01 PM
    How to prevent VFD interfrence
    Hi
    I have a VFD secondary chilled water pumps connected to the BMS, my problem is that once the VFD's are running the communication between the DDC panels are lost. Could anyone help me sort out this problem? I have done the proper earthing but the problem still exist. The VFD's are inside the MCC.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2008, 05:50 PM
    WHat's the HP of the VFD?
    What's the proximity of the VFD to the DDC?
    Have you looked at possibe dips in the power to the DDC when the VFD starts?

Possible routes are:
    RF
    EMI
    Power line pollution *
    Power line sags
    Ground loops

Might try a filter at the VFD. What is voltage/current requirements for the VFD?

* is probably likey
    danar Posts: 69, Reputation: 2

Mar 10, 2008, 04:24 AM
    VFD is a big contributor of harmonics that causes CB tripping, relays or PLC disturbance. Install a passive harmonic filter it will improve your hamonic level as well as impromving your power factor.
    Jithendran Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 11:07 PM
    Hi..
    In that case do check the profibus or field bus card .The problem could be from card .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to prevent my period! [ 13 Answers ]

Hello! So My period isn't supposed to be until Monday, oct. 29. Well, I am going up north this weekend and our whole extended family goes on many hour long hikes, some lasting 12 hours (all day) We're up in the woods, no bathrooms anywhere, and we always say to go before we leave, because...

Prevent garnishment [ 3 Answers ]

How can I stop the US Depart of Education from Gamishmenting my Check, they are taking Money from my ChecK as of now, for and Student they say that I Own for the last 25 yr, which I don't.:( How Can I Stop My Check From Been Gamishmenting My Check They Are Doing As Of Now, For And Student Loan...

Can I prevent visitation? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to know how I would prevent any visitation, from my husband with my daughter who is 1 yrs old, my husband has been incarcerated sine before her birth, we are currently in the process of a divorce, he is seeking visitation, while incarcerated, prison is not a place for children...

How to prevent miscarage [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I'm one of those worrying types and I was wondering what is the best way to prevent a miscarage ? If there is any tip or advice feel free to tell me thanxs again

Can I prevent a judgement [ 4 Answers ]

Is there any means of preventing a debit collector or bank from obtaining a judgement against me? Do I have any legal methods prior to a judgement being filed?

View more questions Search