Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hector178 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 10:39 AM
    Hi

Are there any plans available on the net... free of charge? I too am interested in creating an oil drum bbq as well as an oil drum smoker. My impression of a smoker would have it on the vertical with sections cut out of the side. One at the bottom for the fire/smoke and a larger one above to house the meat/fish to be smoked, and some ort of flue/chimney above. Does this make sense?

Hector

Peak District UK
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2008, 03:12 PM
    Here is a site full of ideas --some are really elaborate

WhiteTrashBBQ: BBQ Suppliers: The Pit Builders

The cattleking one
    http://www.angelfire.com/tx3/RigWelders/PitPix.html

Here is a search engine full of directions hope they are what you are looking for
    how to make barbeque grills with drums - Google Search
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hector178
    Hi

are there any plans available on the net ....free of charge? I too am interested in creating an oil drum bbq as well as an oil drum smoker. My impression of a smoker would have it on the vertical with sections cut out of the side. One at the bottom for the the fire/smoke and a larger one above to house the meat/fish to be smoked, and some ort of flue/chimney above. Does this make sense?

Hector

Peak District UK
    Hector,
    I own and use both vertical and horizontal smokers. The vertical ones only get used if I am smoking too much for the horizontal smoker to hold. The horizontal seems to do better for me with the firebox off to the side and a little lower.
    amaskyjj Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 04:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hector178
    Hi

are there any plans available on the net ....free of charge? I too am interested in creating an oil drum bbq as well as an oil drum smoker. My impression of a smoker would have it on the vertical with sections cut out of the side. One at the bottom for the the fire/smoke and a larger one above to house the meat/fish to be smoked, and some ort of flue/chimney above. Does this make sense?

Hector

Peak District UK
    How to make a Smoker from a Trash Can

This is a great idea on a smoker !
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2008, 11:50 AM
    How to build an Oil Drum Barbecue BBQ - Truveo Video Search Most people hinge the top -- have grate inside

Welding Project: Build Your Own Texas Grill | Lincoln Electric Step 10 -- I like how lid opens -- not 50% / 50%

How To Build A 55 Gallon Drum Barbecue Pit

Trash Can Smoker I had a video of this one in action but lost it

YouTube - Good Eats S7E2P1: Q

YouTube - Good Eats S7E2P2: Q

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Design of a vapor-liquid separator (or flash drum, or knockout drum) [ 2 Answers ]

A vapor-liquid separator drum is a vertical vessel into which a liquid and vapor mixture (or a flashing liquid) is fed and wherein the liquid is separated by gravity, falls to the bottom of the vessel, and is withdrawn. The vapor travels upward at a design velocity which minimizes the entrainment...

BBQ conversion natural to LP [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I have a portable Kenmore Elite BBQ that is fueled by natural gas and I want to convert it to LP. The folks at Sears tell me there are no kits available to make this type conversion. CAN THAT BE? I spent $1,800 bucks on a BBQ that I now can't use because my new house, and entire...

BBQ Potatoes [ 5 Answers ]

I have been told to put a metal skewer through the jacket potatoes before I bbq them by my moaning father in law... Does this make any difference and if so whyyy!:)

Oil Drum BBQ's [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone know anything about them? Im looking to make one but I'm not sure if there is a secret to doing it. I also want to attack a smoker on it but with gas that may not make sense to but still, lemmie know if you kanow anything. Thanks

Charcoal and BBQ [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone here BBQ? I want to get one of those cheap BBQ supported on a tripod. But first, I got some questions: 1. Do I just pour the bag of charcoal and toss in a match? Or do I have to add something else too? 2. Do I use the charcoal until everything burns to powder? Or do I have to...

View more questions Search