Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KalFour Posts: 332, Reputation: 46

Mar 8, 2008, 04:34 AM
    Wanting stories from happy people
    Hi all,

Just wondering if there's anyone online who feels like sharing a story about anything good that's happened to them recently. Anything at all - funny, cute or just plain nice. What good things are happening in the world at the moment?

Kal
    COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

Mar 8, 2008, 02:23 PM
    How old are you kal?

Mar 9, 2008, 07:29 PM
    I realise that was a totally random post. Just needed some optimism. Didn't exactly work.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2008, 08:09 PM
    Is there anything good that has happened recently to you, Kal?

I quit smoking.

My daughter made governors honer roll so far all this year.
    My son, who takes speech class, is improving greatly.

It is spring time where I live and all the trees and flowers have bloomed,
    Birds chirping, grass turning nice and green, and the weather is pretty.

All of which are a few good things happening in my life right now.:D
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2008, 08:15 PM
    My little boy is starting to copy every little thing mama and papa does. It is so funny and cute because you do not realise that he is picking up on so many things until he tries to mimic you.

My wife and my boy is what is happening. It is amazing.
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Mar 9, 2008, 08:27 PM
    I've been accepted into the college I wanted to go to. I FINALLY have an A in calculus. I've finally proved to myself and everyone around me that I CAN do what I set my mind to and stick to it. I've found out that I actually might get paid this summer for volunteering. Life couldn't be better.

Mar 9, 2008, 08:31 PM
    Well I signed up for plenty or fish the datin site ayear ago when I was pregnant and bored and thort it would be agood laugh and towards the end of mypregnancy I stopped going on because I was getting really tired etc and awhile ago 1nite I was just checking mymail on the site and abox popped up asking if I wanted to instant message sum1 called bek I was serposed to be getting in the bath but I thort id say hello so I did and we got talking and went to msn and I gave up on the bath lol and we talked all night this continued for afew days he rang me everyday and texed then he asked if we could meet I was abit unsure at first but we clicked sounds stupid but we did and we had talked for hours on the phone and msn so I thort why not,on the Friday myfriend said she would watch the kids while I went to meet him ,she was late and he was stood their waiting for me lol I ran in 4inch thin heels about half amile to meet him in about 15mins lol well I got their and I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and we walked home we stayed up all night talking we laughed so much I've not laughed that much in years we clicked in person aswel as on the net,we did kis and it felt great,it was great usually I find amillion faults and loads of things that do myheadin but not with this one,5am Saturday mornin we went to bed Didn't DO Anything just slept he never tried it on he was the perfect gentalman.wen we got up we had alazy day and stayed in I played with myson in the garden while he slepd he was tired because we stayed up all night,feelings were starting to appear for him but I wsnt going to spill myfeelins it was way to early and I didn't want to scare him off and I was trying to talk myself out of them,Saturday night we did the same talked all night never got borin,Sunday mornin we woke up early and had acuddle and ended up having sex it was great then the kids woke up n he wanted to take myson to the park his idea so we all went to the park it was really nice he held myhand all the way their strange to say but it felt like we had been together years like he was part of are family like he belonged with us,anyway we walked home ans when we got in the door he pulled me towards him and kissed me and told me he loved me I was shocked and said nothing just kissed him back passionatley that evening we got closer and talked sum more [we connected in so many ways I've never connected with anyone this way] didn't stay up to late because he had to get up for work lol he rang in sick so he could spend the day with us,I did tell him I loved him because I did and yes it was fast and no it wasn't lust, he didn't want to go I didn't want him to go either but he had to.he texed me on the train telling me he was gutted he had to go but he can't wait till weekend to see all 3 of us again we've been going out ever since we haven't argued yet he gets on great with mykids and he makes me feel amazing,you for mothers day he got me agold locket from myboys and asilver initial with diamonds in and he took me for dinner.mysons birthday was the 3rd of march amonday and he texed me asking if we could have an early family party just me and him and the kids so the on the 1st march we rushed round like mad getting cakes and party stuff he wanted to pay for the cake and he got myson ajcb digger tractor trailer thingy he didn't have to get him anything but he did he didn't have to get me anything but he did he's so thortfull and he tells me to kiss the boys for him everymornin and everynite like their his own he always asks how they are and how I am,he's filled the hole in myheart that I've never been able to fill before and makes me feel complete he means so much to me and I'm glad I didn't go for that bath if I had I mite of missed him
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2008, 08:33 PM
    I read on line where someone was asking to hear a good story from happy people.

That was pretty nice by itself as it got me to thinking about the good things that come my way, and are often overlooked.

Here are the first 10 things that popped into my mind... all happened within the last week.

1. Time spent with my son. Always makes me very happy!
    2. I had an interview that seems to have gone well.
    3. I have been accepted into some graduate courses after waiting a year to find out.
    4. I didn't have to worry about my checking account bouncing this week.
    5. My electric didn't go out although thousands of homes in the area did.
    6. My tax return cost me 75 less than the prepairer's estimate.
    7. I got a couple of compliments on a recent hair cut.
    8. I didn't get a parking ticket when I thought I would for sure.
    9. I made pancakes for an elderly lady, and she liked them more than her own cooking.
    10. I took some time out to think about the good things. Will do more often!

Mar 9, 2008, 08:51 PM
    Good things that happened to me recently

1,jaiden my 4 n ahalf month old baby boy started holding his own bottle and feeding himself
    2,I've lost sum more weight [baby fat is so hard to lose]
    3,myson shay had awonderful 2nd birthday
    4,I had agreat mothersday
    5,I seen atop ages ago and I wasn't paying 25euro for it and I got it for 5euro lol
    6,myeldest son shay seems to be exceptin his little brother jaiden
    7,I got myboyfriend arat pack poster and framed it and he loves it [thank god]
    8,mycousin had ababy boy and called him christopher
    9,my life has NEVER been so great
    10,mymum likes myboyfriend and she's seems to be making an effort with the both of us [its a 1st believe me]

Sorry guyin Ohio but I pinched your idea and posted sum of myown

Mar 9, 2008, 08:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AKaeTrue
    I quit smoking.

My daughter made governors honer roll so far all this year.
    My son, who takes speech class, is improving greatly.

It is spring time where I live and all the trees and flowers have bloomed,
    birds chirping, grass turning nice and green, and the weather is pretty.

All of which are a few good things happening in my life right now.:D
    Wow! That's fantastic!
    Quitting smoking is... huge!
    How old are your son and daughter? You should be very proud of them. :)

*hugs*

Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    My little boy is starting to copy every little thing mama and papa does. It is so funny and cute because you do not realise that he is picking up on so many things until he trys to mimic you.

My wife and my boy is what is happening. It is amazing.
    It's beautiful watching kids grow, and being with family.
    I remember my sister (she's 10 years my junior) would pick up on all the subtleties of speech and action from everyone around her when she was little. She would mimic things we hadn't even realised we were doing.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by rockerchick_682
    I've been accepted into the college I wanted to go to. I FINALLY have an A in calculus. I've finally proved to myself and everyone around me that I CAN do what I set my mind to and stick to it. I've found out that I actually might get paid this summer for volunteering. Life couldn't be better.
    Congratulations! What are you going to study in college?
    That's fantastic. Good for you. :)

And Cookie Monster... wow. That's beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by oneguyinohio
    1. Time spent with my son. Always makes me very happy!
    2. I had an interview that seems to have gone well.
    3. I have been accepted into some graduate courses after waiting a year to find out.
    4. I didn't have to worry about my checking account bouncing this week.
    5. My electric didn't go out although thousands of homes in the area did.
    6. My tax return cost me 75 less than the prepairer's estimate.
    7. I got a couple of compliments on a recent hair cut.
    8. I didn't get a parking ticket when I thought I would for sure.
    9. I made pancakes for an elderly lady, and she liked them more than her own cooking.
    10. I took some time out to think about the good things. Will do more often!
    That's just great. I especially like the sentiment of number 10. Though 9 is also quite sweet in that your happiness was brought on by giving pleasure to someone else.
    It's a good list, with variety and optimism. Your life sounds like a good one.

My turn.
    My bonsai seedlings have just sprouted.
    My cousin is about to have a baby.
    I've just been offered a good job with hours that fit conveniently around my uni timetable.
    I'm able to ride my bike again for the first time in over a month!
    Two good friends of mine have told each other that they're in love.
    My friend's parents have decided to get married after being together for 30 years - they have 3 grownup children.

Sometimes it's easy to be distracted by troubles in life. It's good to be reminded of the beauty and potential in the world.
    Any more stories are welcome.

:)
    BigCityDreams007 Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Mar 9, 2008, 08:57 PM
    1.)Last month I got engaged!
    2.)I Moved out on my own.
    3.)I'm finally on top of all my bills.
    4.)I feel like I have tons of self worth.
    5.) Joing a gym next month and plan to lose 75 lbs
    6.) working on emproving overall health
    7.) Planning on college in the fall
    8.) Working my butt off this summer ( 2 jobs )
    9.) Planning a dream wedding

Things are great and this is coming from a girl who had the worst high school experience and now I'm just loving my life. Never thought things could be this great!
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Mar 9, 2008, 08:57 PM
    You're right, it feels good to think about all the good things in your life. Thank you ^_^

Mar 9, 2008, 09:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerchick_682
    You're right, it feels good to think about all the good things in your life. Thank you ^_^
    I agree, when things get me down I look at the 2good things in mylife mykids if it wasn't for them id still be on drugs with aheap of bills or maybe even dead,their the little loves of mylife and I give them all I can because they have given me so much if only they new
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2008, 09:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KalFour
    Wow! That's fantastic!
    Quitting smoking is ... huge!
    How old are your son and daughter? You should be very proud of them. :)

*hugs*

Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks and you're welcome!
    My daughter will be 8 years old and my son will be 5 years old next month:)
    I am so proud of them both.

This is a great thread:D

Mar 9, 2008, 09:25 PM
    Happy birthday to your son!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 09:26 PM
    I wanted to say that this is a great thread. When I read this and all the answers I realized that lately I've been focusing on all the things that are going wrong in my life and I've been ignoring the things that are wonderful. Here's my list.

1. My 9 year old son is finally starting to read (he's been in speech therapy since he was 3 years old) this is a major accomplishment and I'm so very proud of him.
    2. My 5 year old daughter told me that she either wants to be an artist when she grows up or rescue animals. When I asked her why, she said it was because she wants to be like me.
    3. I talked my husband into rescuing a 4th rabbit from the pound. We're going to get her on Easter as a surprise for the kids, she's 7 years old.
    4. My 13 year old black lab has gotten back some of his spunk, I'm enjoying every day I have with him and no longer worrying over the fact that he's getting older and might not be with us much longer.
    5. I love my husband more today than the day that I married him, we'll be married 13 years this May and I think it's our lucky number.
    6. I'm finally starting to get over this flu that I've had for over 2 weeks.
    7. I had a long talk with a good friend and I've decided to stop worrying about the MRI I had a few weeks ago. If it's bad news I'll deal with it when it comes, for now I'm going to be optimistic that everything will be okay.
    8. The snow is starting to melt and it was 10 degrees celsius today.
    9. I lost 3 pounds this week.(that might have something to do with the flu though:p )
    10. I'm happy with my life and with the people that are in it. It doesn't get much better than this and it was right in front of me the whole time.

In general, I've been on this earth 37 years and I feel great about everything I've done so far. I love my family and they love me. I have wonderful friends, both in person and on this site and I know that they will always be there for me. I take each day one day at a time and know that there is always tomorrow if something doesn't get done today. Life is great and I'm living it.

Mar 9, 2008, 09:35 PM
    BigCityDreams,
    Congratulations! I hope everything about the wedding is as beautiful as your love for one another.

Altenweg,
    I love the way you can be optimistic and see promise in so many things around you. I'm envious of the smile you must have on your face so often. I'm sure it lights up the people around you every day.

I'm also overwhelmed by how much people focus on family. It's good to see everyone having their priorities in order.

Another for my list is my family. My parents are decent people, my brothers are good fun, my baby sister is beautiful in every way (not that I'm remotely biased :P), and I have a close extended family. We all look out for each other. :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2008, 09:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KalFour
    Happy birthday to your son!
    And daughter;)

LOL, I guess the way I worded it made it confusing.

Their B-days are a day apart and this year I have started planning for them early.
    Hopefully they will both be a success.
    Last year I was like this:eek:... LOL
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 09:46 PM
    Kal- Thank you for your kind words. I'm known as the silly one, the person that makes others laugh, usually while describing things that happen on a daily basis to me and the kids. Apparently my home life is quite amusing to others. I'm not afraid to tell funny or even embarrassing stories about myself, I love laughter, I was raised with it and by the most wonderful parents in the world (I might also be a bit biased). My friends call me the Erma Bombeck of 2008 (you're probably too young to know who that is, don't tell me that though, otherwise I'll feel old)

Akatrue- My kids birthday's are 10 days apart, apparently I enjoy being very pregnant in the summer and having an infant in the fall. I don't recommend being 9 months pregnant and 80 pounds overweight in 30 degree celsius heat, one tends to get a bit cranky, and husbands make arrangements to run away. Happy birthday to both of your kids, and good luck with the party plans.

And follow my signatures advice, Smile it makes people wonder what you're thinking.

Mar 9, 2008, 09:46 PM
    :)
    Whoops! HAppy birthday to your daughter as well.

A day apart eh? July must be a good month for you... *winks*

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Literature Stories [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all!! Im new here, anyway can some one please recommend good literature stories, cause I'm studying English and I don't want to sound stupid and don't know a thing in literature stories! Thank you

Stories from India Stories from Mexico Stories from Japan [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for children's series books with the following titles: (they are a series by the same author/publisher) Stories from India Stories from Mexico Stories from Japan Other countries also not just these three

He keeps accusing me of wanting to be and sleep with other people [ 2 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship with a close friend for just over a month now. We have known each other for over a year and he liked me from the first time we met but I turned him down a couple of times. Meeting up with him a month ago I realised I did feel a lot more for him than before and we...

Happy Passover, Happy Easter! [ 22 Answers ]

I just wanted to wish all my friends on the board greetings for the spring season... If you're Jewish like my family, a very Happy Pesach and Good Seder! If you're Christian, a very Happy Easter! If you have some other religious practice that I've missed, please add it here if you like,...

View more questions Search