Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrsMac2003 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2008, 06:44 AM
    My cat has lost his meow!
    Help! I have a 7 year old domestic shorthair. He is a very sociable animal, my social butterfly. He loves to "talk" to me, even calls me "Ma". The problem is, for the last week or two, his meow has become quieter and scratchier. He has had a problem with his meow only one other time but then he lost it completely for about a week. That time, we had to take a trip out of town for 2 nights. We made sure he and the other cat had plenty of food and water as well as fresh litter when we left. We thought he was punishing us for being gone so long.

Not sure why his meow is affected now! He has been under stress. We moved our mobile home to a different lot and that required transporting the cats in cat carriers and leaving them on their own in our home until we could get in it ourselves. We visited them every day to make sure they had food, water, and litter. After about 5 nights, we were able to start sleeping in our home again and made sure to allow them as much access to us as possible.

It is also our pine pollen season. I am highly allergic to the pollen myself and would not be surprised if he is too but why would this be the first time he has reacted? Just want to see if anyone else has experienced this. He is otherwise completely healthy.
    HSK Posts: 45, Reputation: 9

Mar 7, 2008, 09:59 AM
    I think he is crying himself hoarse calling for his family. My cat was locked in our bedroom for a day while we were at work, and lost his meow for a day. It did come
    Back. If it does not start to come back in the next day or two, take him to the vet to
    Make sure there is not another issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unable to meow properly [ 5 Answers ]

My cat is an 11 year old pure siamese. Recently she has been unable to meow properly. Almost like she has something blocking her throat. She is eating normally although she has always been a very fussy eater.

Cartoon Movie with a cat that gets lost. [ 1 Answers ]

I can't remember what it's called! It's about a cat that gets lost in the rain when it runs away from some little girl and he lives whith some rabbits. There's one part I remember with a hawk that attacks the rabbits. What is this movie???:confused: -KH

Cat lost weight no apparent reasons [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I've a 7-yr old Norwegian forest cat. Healthy. He was neutered when he was 2. He is a small cat and weighed ca. 8 pounds. The last 2 years he's steadily lost weight. Now he weighs 5.5 pounds. He's vaccinated every year and also is treated for worms. No problems anywhere. His kidneys OK. Blood...

Lost cat [ 1 Answers ]

We've been taking care of and feeding a stray cat for about 6 months now. It took him a while, but after a few months, he would cuddle next to us on the sofa and was really affectionate and loving. So, 2 days ago we bought a carrying case and decided to take him to the vet. Unfortunately, the...

Lost cat [ 1 Answers ]

We've been taking care of and feeding a stray cat for about 6 months now. It took him a while, but after a few months, he would cuddle next to us on the sofa and was really affectionate and loving. So, 2 days ago we bought a carrying case and decided to take him to the vet. Unfortunately, the...

View more questions Search