Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rescue me Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Mar 6, 2008, 08:41 AM
    Bank Information to 3rd Parties
    Is in legal in Texas to give Bank Information to debt collection agencies? I recently learned that I had a judgement against me and that one of bank accounts is being freezed by judgement for a debt owed. I currently rush to the bank on payday and withdraw the money so that nothing much is in and run around paying bills with cash or money orders. Can I force the company filing the judgement to disclose who they got the bank info from?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 6, 2008, 09:07 AM
    Yes its legal and no, you can't force disclosure. Once they obtained a judgement against you they are entitled to try and collect it. Why not try to settle the debt?

Apr 16, 2008, 05:28 AM
    I tried to work something out with them, I offered 200 a month until debt paid off they refused said they wanted 500 or more a month or no deal... told them I could only pay what I could afford or possibly file bankruptcy said they did not care 500 or more a month and if agreed to that they would put it for 5 years which makes the original debt well over 30 thousand at that point not counting the interest they would charge so I said no... do you blame me... I work hard and am trying to pay but that was unreasable so off to trial we go which is set currently for July 7. What option would you suggest under the circumstances?:confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 16, 2008, 06:45 AM
    Doesn't sound like you have much options. Not sure what trial you refer to. Sounds like that already got a judgement so what can you have a hearing on?

But if the debt is valid, you owe it. If they have a judgement they can use that to try and collect.

Apr 16, 2008, 07:41 AM
    They are suing me for the unpaid debt it is credit card collection the suit is being brought by unifund partners ccr (or something like that) anyway the local attorneys for the collection firm according to the attorney I had to hire because the court told me up front if I did not go to court with attorney it was pretty much guarnteed to automatically go in favor of the collection agency lawyer for what ever they asked for. I admit I owe it but they refused from day one to agree to resonable terms when I tried to work out a payment plan... I told them what did they expect me to do live on the street if I paid them full amount they asking for every month. They more or less told me they did not care where I went that was my problem they wanted outrageous payment every month, they are wanting to seize the bank account and have my wages garnished every month (wage garnishment is illegal in Texas except for child support), and also said they could force me by judgment to cash in my ira or 401k to pay them . The trail is I guess to determine what kind of arrangements can be made regarding payment an or harrasement by the creditor for payment your guess as good as mine. But I was told I have to go to court so I am on payment plan with the attorney I had to hire for 200 a month until he paid off . I had to pay him 1500 up front (attorney I hired) , ( I originally offered credit attorney entire 4000 I had saved and a payment plan and they said no wanted everything in lump sum now) I have been so stressed out that no longerr can buy my medications because paying the attorney instead of buying monthly medications, figure by July will either be dead or in hospital because have not taken medications for almost 3 months now since no longer can afford it. I only make 26,000 a year

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What information will my bank disclose to me ? [ 1 Answers ]

My Business Bank Account Was Recently Levied Resulting From Debts That Belong To An Authorized Signer On my Account. I Am Curious What Information They Will Disclose To Me ( Upon Written Request By Myself) In Reference To The IRS Request To Levy Said Account.

Old bank account information [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am in a situation where I need to obtain some bank account information from 2002. I would like to know if its possible to obtain old bank account information such as statements and so forth from the bank that I had before. Can I obtain this free or is there a fee that I would have to...

Afraid of certain parties. [ 5 Answers ]

I'm still seventeen and I started to take interest in another girl, except that she smokes and is somewhat of a party goer. The problem is that I've never been to a party, with alcohol and drugs, before in my high school life, more like entire life. Primarily because I've been really quiet for...

Political parties [ 3 Answers ]

How do political parties influence the selection of canidates running for election at the state and local level?

View more questions Search