Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wayne t Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 06:23 AM
    Radio code needed
    Hi I am after radio code for ford visteon model 6500r serial nbr m001310 part nbr 2l5j-18c838-ba can you please help as changed battery and can't find the code many thanks

- moved from Forum Help -
    ghoust25 Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Mar 6, 2008, 06:54 PM
    Call the dealer and give them the ser # and they can look it up and give to you
    ddollinger Posts: 145, Reputation: 12

Mar 7, 2008, 03:35 PM
    There are as many ways to get the unlock code as there are vehicles (all different). For instance, on many vehicles they put a sticker on the vehicle somewhere with the unlock code. This usually consists of a plain white sticker with 2 numbers on it. The top one is usually a 7-8 digit number and the bottom one is usually a 5 digit number. The bottom number is the unlock code. It may or may not be proceeded with a letter but discount the letter as it has no value. These can be found in a variety of places but usually they are found on the side of the glove compartment (with the glove compartment open) facing the driver or on the inside of the glove compartment door, on the inside of one of the fuse panel doors, on the door jamb somewhere, or somewhere in the engine compartment. It is like an easter egg hunt, I have even heard of one found on the jamb under the hatch. Others are placed on a card that is placed in the owners handbook or written in the owners handbook and some others can only be reset by the dealer which means you have to pay to have it done.

But most of them, if it is a factory installation can be had by calling a dealer of that particular make of vehicle with the serial number. If it is an aftermarket stereo, Google or call the manufacturer and they can usually tell you how to obtain it.

Some of your unlock codes (this does include some of the Ford radios) are derived by typing your serial number into a computer program that runs an algorithum on it and spits out the code. There are places online where you can download this program but it will only work with certain model radios.

Lastly, there are paid services online that can get it for you when all else fails but like the name implies, you have to pay for the service.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Radio code [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, The battery died on my Honda accord SE model year 2000. Now the radio needs a code to work. I called the dealer and they said they need to take out the radio and get the model no. and serial no and it would cost about 120$. Here is the info: Model no. 39100-S84-C210, Ref no....

Honda radio code [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me the code for a 98 Honda Accord?

Holden Jackaroo Radio Security Code needed [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Can anyone please suggest how I might go about breaking into my car stereo, I had some auto electrical work done on my 2nd hand Holden Jackaroo recently, of course the guy had to disconnect the battery leads consequently leaving me with a great electrics BUT no radio!! I did NOT get a...

View more questions Search