Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abdullah25 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 09:00 AM
    What is the difference between switchgear & switchboard ?
    What is the difference between switchgear & switchboard ?

Mar 14, 2008, 06:03 AM
    Up

Mar 28, 2008, 11:34 AM
    Help me
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 28, 2008, 12:15 PM
    The term switchgear, used in association with the electric power system, refers to the combination of electrical disconnects, fuses and/or circuit breakers used to isolate electrical equipment. Switchgear is used both to de-energize equipment to allow work to be done and to clear faults downstream.

An electric switchboard is a device that directs electricity from one source to another.
    Jithendran Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2008, 05:05 AM
    Switch board is a panel which does the power distribution .It has incomer feeder ,Protection/Measuring feeders & outgoing feeders as per the load pattern.
    Switch gear is the components used in the panel board to form an feeder .It can be any of these with various combination based on the protection & control of the system SFU,Breaker,contactors,relays,fuses.
    qbikforu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2011, 11:19 PM
    Switchgear is a large switch used to turn on or cut off the power in various parts of an electricity distribution network. You use switchgear to isolate a fault in the network to minimise the effects of interruptions. Once a fault has been repaired, the switchgear is operated to turn the power back on.
    pawnstorm17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2012, 08:09 PM
    Here's a good article about this query:

http://www.geindustrial.com/Newsletter/ind_nov01_left3.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between impedance & impedance [ 1 Answers ]

Is these terms are same " Impedance " & " Impedence " in reference to electrical stuff. If that differs from one another what is the difference between them ?

Diff between switchgear [ 2 Answers ]

Can any tell me what is difference betwwen switchgear and paralleling switchgear ?

Difference between I-140 & I-485 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, Just wanted to ask you if some one is on i140 or i485 are they allowed to work independently, can they call themselves as permanent residents of USA. If anyone has filled any of these forms, can they work for any other company without sponsorship, or they would still need one.

Difference between Volt & Wott [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone explain the difference between Volt & Wott with example ? I would be thankful to him/her if anyone can...

View more questions Search