Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tacoflyers Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2008, 06:28 PM
    Cannot get heat upstairs!bled system already!
    I just replaced my hot water baseboard.I have a gas boiler that is brand new.. only about 6 months old(everything worked fine before I did this replacement)I shut the boiler off, then shut the supply off at the boiler.I did the replacement of the baseboard.. everything went good.I turned on the boiler and bled it down in the basement right there at the boiler.The section I replaced was down in a finished basement about 20 feet from the boiler. I went upstairs to the 2nd floor and found 1 bleeder valve. I bled the valve for 3 a good 3minutes.Then I:confused: went to the first floor and found one bleeder valve and bled that one.. o.k... now after about a week and bleeding the 2nd floor and the first floor about 3 separate times the first floor is nice and toasty but the 2nd floor is cold.when I bleed the 2nd floor it starts with cold water,then after about 2-3 minutes it gets hot.. like the hot water is trying to make its way up.. but the baseboard never gets hot... like I said the furnace is new and was installed by professionals... My buddy said about the boiler pressure. There is no gauge at all... just a pressure builder valve that says 12-15 psi.. like it maintains the pressure all the time with this valve... I am stuck.. I tried to bleed it again tonight but had no luck.. I can only find 1 bleeder on the first floor and 1 on the 2nd floor.. any info would be gratly appreciated!! /Thank you
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 4, 2008, 08:01 PM
    ((then shut the supply off at the boiler`))

Did you turn the water back on?
    All boilers need a gauge. Install one.

((There is no gauge at all... just a pressure builder valve that says 12-15 psi.. like it maintains the pressure all the time with this valve))

Pressure fill valves as you call them cannot be depended upon to be accurate.

Install a gauge.
    You need to know the altitude of the water level in your home and that is done by pressure/altitude gauge. It will also have a temp gauge built in so you know how hat the boiler is running. I a professional installed the boiler he should be shot for not putting in a gauge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

Heat Upstairs [ 1 Answers ]

My house is only 4 years old, I have a high efficiency furnace. My child's bedroom upstairs is freezing. He naps during the day so it doesn't get much sun light. The other bedrooms in the house seem warmer. I called a heating and air company and they want to charge me $100 to clean the furnace....

Heat Pump-warm downstairs, cold upstairs [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: We moved in to our home in July and are beginning to run the heat. We noticed in the summer that it was much cooler upstairs than downstairs (very unusual, we thought)and the complete opposite in cold weather. When the heater is on downstairs, we can feel very warm air blowing from the...

System calling for heat but no response from system [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat is set to 25 which is higher than the current temperature but my heating system is not firing up.. we have hot water - the boiler is a Micron - the heating timer is set to "on" on the program setting, and so is hot water which is fine but we have no heating, it was on earlier and went...

Heat upstairs [ 3 Answers ]

I just moved into our house beginning of May. We live in the Northeast so we got some cold nights and required to turn the heat on to keep the kids warm at night. I am not to savvy on this so bare with me and ask as many questions as you like and I'll try to answer them. My house is 67years old and...

View more questions Search