Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Windshield21 Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Mar 8, 2008, 12:18 PM
    That's the plan... but for now I got to go to work! Have a good day she is calling me as I am typing this...
    tinker_BELL_311 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2008, 12:35 PM
    OK you can do both talllk to her mom then talk to her

Mar 9, 2008, 09:45 AM
    Welp... I got like 15 seconds into what I had to say and she hung up on me. And she just texted me saying she hates me more than anything I'm not even going to respond. But it does get me thinking... how can this be all her fault and she hates me? Does she know its her fault and she just wants to nuke me or something? Either way I'm moving on and she is calling me right now..
    ihatewestseneca Posts: 325, Reputation: 67

Mar 9, 2008, 09:49 AM
    Its not, she sounds really immature, like most needy girls.
    confused25 Posts: 319, Reputation: 98

Mar 9, 2008, 11:07 AM
    She is being very immature. Unfortunately some people do that. They will throw all the blame on you just so that they can feel better about themselves, even though it was their fault. Funny thing though is that I'm pretty sure people like your ex know it's their fault, they just don't have the strength to accept it, so they will try to turn things on you.

Don't take any verbal abuse from her, so with that said don't answer her texts or calls. Keep us up-to-date.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 02:06 PM
    When you have had enough of the kids games, then simply stop the contact from her, and to her. Disappear from her life, and make it stick.

Mar 9, 2008, 04:36 PM
    That's exactly how its going she has texted me multiple times called me... texts consisted of.. please answer ill do anything... please I want this to work... please please I really want this to work... I have not responded and I think she would have to send me something incredibly like whoa OK she is serious... but until then not talking to her. I'm doing the right thing by not believing the "ill do anything" "I want this to work" texts right? Even though to me it doesn't really matter because I don't want to be in a relationship with her until I believe she truly wants to be in one with me and makes me the type of priority I made her and even then I would only think about it. There is no way I would just take her back she would have a ton of work to do. And she had the nerve to say "please listen to my side of the story" and "give me the same respect I gave you at least".
    confused25 Posts: 319, Reputation: 98

Mar 9, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Man this girl is a real mind ninja. She is really trying to twist and turn things on you. I mean how can she want this to work when she is with some other guy?

In your situation I would text her back later tonight and tell her that we can talk at so and so time, as long as she promises to listen to you and not hang up in the middle of the conversation. Be in control of the situation by setting the time you two talk. Tell her exactly what you were going to tell her earlier.

However, you should wait to hear other peoples opinions on this one. I'm sure some people will suggest to just ignore her, which in all honesty might not be a bad idea given the way she is acting. So for now let her stew in her own disaster.

Mar 9, 2008, 05:42 PM
    Yeah that is basically what I'm doing... letting her stew and waiting on opinions. So far I have had no problem not talking to her. And I had a great night last night.. I suppose I'll figure out how much she really means it if she actually does "anything" and by that I mean if she continues to call me like day after day after day all day then I might be like OK... and if she gives up after just today well then that is that and I know the stuff she said earlier is bull crap. Basically she has to do what I would do in this situation to prove it to me.

Mar 9, 2008, 07:17 PM
    I have to ask this... if she knows it is stupid... and everyone she knows tells her it is.. and she knows she is going to hate doing this... how can she still do it? And to add before they were dating she told her friends she thought he was real weird and creeped her out... what is going on?? Is it really just for some weird reason she is attracted to him and that's it? Does attraction really have that much power?

Mar 9, 2008, 07:40 PM
    Who knows for sure Windshield... but you've got a good head on your shoulders... keep ignoring her until her calls get annoying, or until it seems like she is not going to give up. If you must, turn off your phone for a few days, and get some peace. Clear your head. Think about your next move.

Mar 9, 2008, 07:46 PM
    Yeah I'm doing my best to keep myself busy. This weekend has been great, I have had more fun this weekend than I have in a long time. So keeping busy doing what I have been doing should not be hard at all. And she just called me again like 5 minutes ago..

Mar 9, 2008, 07:49 PM
    If it starts to bother you man, really shut off your phone. Out of sight, (or hearing?) out of mind.
    xxtwincambabyxx Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

Mar 9, 2008, 07:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Windshield21
    My girlfriend and I broke up because she was away at college and us being apart was too much for her dependence issues. So she got attached to someone else just because I wasn't around. When summer comes I know they will not be able to continue the relationship and she will come running back to me. I will be seeing her over spring break for the first time in like two months. Her family agrees that she is making a mistake but have not really done anything aside from a few talks. When I see her I wanted to talk to her mom about the situation, here is my question: should I tell her mom how I feel and ask her to help me out by trying to get it through her head that she needs to re-evaluate what she is doing. Or should I just talk to my ex telling her basically "this is it I'm setting you free if you love me you will come back" and that she can't have it both ways. I know the second option is the appropriate one but I feel like if I don't talk to her mom I might be missing a huge opportunity.
    Wellit might help a lot to talkto her mam.. but its up to you whatever y think will work better talking to her or her mam!

Mar 9, 2008, 07:52 PM
    Nah it doesn't bother me, the only thing it does is make me think "I wonder how many more times she will call before its the one where she actually realizes what she did". Calling me right now holy crap... Also, not to be rude... but why do people try to answer the question posted initially without reading through some of the thread...
    duck22 Posts: 115, Reputation: 31

Mar 10, 2008, 09:28 AM
    I won't be surprised if we find your ex on this site starting a thread tittled "I broke up with my ex, why can't I get over him?". Or perhaps her new boytoy will start one saying "My gf calls her ex more then she calls me, what should I do?" Anyway I think your doing good by ignoring her calls. By saying less today you will gain more.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2008, 09:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Windshield21
    Thats exactly how its going she has texted me multiple times called me... texts consisted of..please answer ill do anything...please i want this to work...please please I really want this to work...I have not responded and I think she would have to send me something incredibly like whoa ok she is serious...but until then not talking to her. I'm doing the right thing by not believing the "ill do anything" "I want this to work" texts right? Even though to me it doesn't really matter because I don't want to be in a relationship with her until I believe she truly wants to be in one with me and makes me the type of priority I made her and even then I would only think about it. There is no way I would just take her back she would have a ton of work to do. And she had the nerve to say "please listen to my side of the story" and "give me the same respect I gave you at least".

Great quote for that side of the story crap.. "Save your side of the story, it's just so annoying"

Mar 10, 2008, 09:46 AM
    Welp... we talked today and it will be the last time we ever talk again. Basically I told her I am completely happy with either outcome (us getting back together or never talking again). And she made it pretty clear she is only OK with 1 outcome(having me in her life).. but that is not my problem anymore. If she never calls me again I will be even more happy then if she does. And that is the end of the entire situation. I will of course let you guys know if and when she calls me again... as well as giving updates of other things going on in my life.

Thank you for all of your help and support in this situation... it would have been much more difficult had I never found this site!

That took a long time.. hung up at 12:42 or so she is calling me right now at 12:51. Why would she ever think I would answer? I am pissed off that she called me back. I almost texted her to be like why did you call back... but I erased it and closed my phone... I knew I would have regretted it. And obviously she isn't going to work on it.

Girls are crazy, but I am glad I realized it now instead of trailing after her for like three years of college having no fun... now at least I can live my life up through college then find a great WOMAN later in life who is not crazy... I hope.. or at least not as nutty as this girl.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 10, 2008, 11:51 AM
    We will be here for you any time to help you go through all the stages when you need us.

Emotions such as happiness and pain is unique to humans and we all go through it, so stay with us and we will help each other as well. Soon, you'll have the pleasure of sharing joy with us too - I promise.

Mar 10, 2008, 11:58 AM
    Yeah I will definitely use my knowledge and experience I have gained from this situation to help others best I can. As of now I am happy and I know my life will be much better off. And until she does something, I'm done listening to her talk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search