Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2008, 07:31 AM
    The liberal/fascists are confused.
    This is presidential primary election day in Ohio and Texas. The once juggernaut party of FDR is split whether to nominate Obama or Hillary. It is depressing to consider that the nation of Washington, Jefferson, Franklin and other founding luminaries must choose between these two candidates. I heard a news account on the radio this morning; a lady in Ohio said she hadn't made up her mind whether to vote for Hillary of Obama, but she was going to vote Democrat. What a day this is.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2008, 07:31 AM
    You're funny. :)
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2008, 09:08 AM
    Have you read any of Jonah Goldberg's writings on liberal fascism ?

Like I said on another posting ;I think the Democrats are getting some buyer's remorse and Hillary will proclaim herself tonight "the new comeback kid ".
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2008, 10:32 AM
    I haven't read the book but I do read his columns:

Debating Liberal Fascism

I Got Chopped for Comedy

Here is his blog on the subject.

Let me throw in this recent column, Radicals Never Say Sorry in which he discusses "how light the baggage is when one travels from violent radicalism to liberalism." Such as Obama's loose ties to William Ayers of the Weather Underground and Hillary's brush with the Black Panthers as an editor of The Yale Review of Law and Social Action.

He asks the questions "Why are Fidel Castro’s apologists progressive and enlightened but apologists for Augusto Pinochet frightening and authoritarian? Why was Sen. Trent Lott’s kindness to former segregationist Sen. Strom Thurmond a scandal but Obama’s acquaintance with an unrepentant terrorist a triviality?"

I'd like to know that, too. Obama and Hillary, these are your "progressive" choices America. Don't be fooled.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Mar 4, 2008, 06:04 PM
    The ultra liberal wing of the Democratic party, (is that most of them?) sound a lot like the Communists of the '50's. So ready and willing to be liberal with other people's property and money, so anxious to micro-manage everyone's life. "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need." That can be expressed in so many ways.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2008, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950
    The liberal/fascists are confused.
    Hello George:

You righty's are just sniveling because one of those Democrats is going to be YOUR president... Bwa, ha ha ha ha.

excon
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Mar 4, 2008, 07:42 PM
    This is presidential primary election day in Ohio and Texas. The once juggernaut party of FDR is split whether to nominate Obama or Hillary. It is depressing to consider that the nation of Washington, Jefferson, Franklin and other founding luminaries must choose between these two candidates. I heard a news account on the radio this morning; a lady in Ohio said she hadn't made up her mind whether to vote for Hillary of Obama, but she was going to vote Democrat. What a day this is.

Yes split over identity politics and who is the bigger victim and is suppose to be next in line.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/08/op...on&oref=slogin

"Gender is probably the most restricting force in American life, whether the question is who must be in the kitchen or who could be in the White House.

Black men were given the vote a half-century before women of any race were allowed to mark a ballot, and generally have ascended to positions of power, from the military to the boardroom, before any women "

Why would she bring this up ? - if like in the end, she states its qualifications that should matter first and foremost.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2008, 08:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox
    Yes split over identity politics and who is the bigger victim and is suppose to be next in line.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/08/op...on&oref=slogin

"Gender is probably the most restricting force in American life, whether the question is who must be in the kitchen or who could be in the White House.

Black men were given the vote a half-century before women of any race were allowed to mark a ballot, and generally have ascended to positions of power, from the military to the boardroom, before any women "

Why would she bring this up ? - if like in the end, she states its qualifications that should matter first and foremost.
    Thanks for the article. While her prose is beautiful, all I have to say about Ms. Steinham et al is that, if you want to be president, you should act like a president. In what ways does, or has, Hillary acted like a president? By staying married to the philander-in-chief? By trying to ramrod fascist health care down America's throat? When does she, or any Democrat for that matter, ever speak of individual liberty and responsibility? Other than in procuring an abortion? Or by moving to NY and being coronated queen of the Empire State? I'm getting nauseated. Sorry.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Mar 4, 2008, 09:48 PM
    This is presidential primary election day in Ohio and Texas. The once juggernaut party of FDR is split whether to nominate Obama or Hillary.
    Stay in touch. That's because between the major party candidates the alternative would be one "John Sidney McCain III." Now considering the two issues on most voters mind is our economy and the ongoing war, that's reasonable expectations. If Hillary Clinton ends up with the Democrat's nomination, and provided that Nevada permits write-in general election votes, I'm choosing Ron Paul. Should Barack Obama get the Democrat's nomination I'll vote for him.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 08:10 AM
    The Dow is sharply up on the news of Hellary's "come back." We know who the private bankers of Wall Street are backing. Hellary/Obama 2008!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At the present time does liberal vs. Conservative equate to Democrats vs. Republicans [ 29 Answers ]

In American politics? I don't believe so but... what do you think?:)

Confused about my ex [ 1 Answers ]

About two months ago my girlfriend and I stopped seeing each other. It was kind of a mutual thing. She needed more time with her kids. I understand her needing time with her kids, they are more important than I am. But it was kind of a sudden thing and it felt like she was using her kids as an...

Define Liberal [ 14 Answers ]

What exactly is a liberal?

Philosophy: Tory/Fascists/Oligarchs [ 3 Answers ]

I am writing a paper for a Criminal Justice Ethics class and so far this class is horrible. I am not good at phil at all. can anyone tell me as much as they know about tories/fascists and oligarchs? i basically have to write a paper on how these cultures related to the debate on drug use. some...

View more questions Search