Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lozmoz1996 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 01:30 PM
    Cutting friend
    My friend says that she used to slit her wrists but she stopped but recently she showed my other friend her scars and she says that the cuts look really new and we're worried that she may still be doing it. I don't know what to do but she's been acting really strange recently.
    love is abby Posts: 114, Reputation: 2

Mar 1, 2008, 01:33 PM
    Just show her you and your friends are there for her. Get to the bottom of why she's doing it, but don't be mean or whatevs. She might feel attacked if you come on to strong about it
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Mar 1, 2008, 02:10 PM
    Maybe it would help to talk to your parents about it. Also if you don't want to talk to them, it might help to talk to a teacher, youth leader, or the school nurse. Those people can all give you good advice about how to help your friend. Here is an link that might help too:

How Can I Help a Friend Who Cuts?

Sometimes when someone close to us is hurting themselves, it feels like we are betraying their trust if we tell someone. But sometimes, that is the best thing we can do for them. If you tell someone what she is doing, then she can get help so that she stops. Cutting is serious, and this is something she needs professional help with so that she is able to stop hurting herself. If you tell your parents/guardians, they can help you find the best way to help her. She might be angry that you told someone at first, but believe me, someday she will thank you for caring enough to speak up and get her help. I hope everything works out and your friend starts getting better soon!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 1, 2008, 03:07 PM
    I agree to talk to your parents and/or a school couselor or trusted teacher. If she is doing this, she is in need of professional help.
    Fiona92 Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Mar 1, 2008, 03:17 PM
    Some people slit their wrists for a reason so your best bet is to find out why she's doing it and try and help her threw it.If she won't tell you why she's doing it try asking her mam or dad they might know a reason why she's doing it but tell them what she's doing unless they know already.
    Diandra__Magdalene Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Mar 6, 2008, 03:22 AM
    Talk to her about it.
    And I dot mean in a whole group.
    Het her to sleep over or go out with youu..
    And have a deep and meaningful.
    Try and grasp how she's feeling.

Maybe she just needs someone to talk to.

X
    xxtwincambabyxx Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

Mar 9, 2008, 08:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lozmoz1996
    My friend says that she used to slit her wrists but she stopped but recently she showed my other friend her scars and she says that the cuts look really new and we're worried that she may still be doing it. I don't know what to do but shes been acting really strange recently.
    Well I used to slit my wrist because I felt like no one liked me,I was a failure,I couldn't do anything right,didn't get my own way and until my friend saw my hand one day and broke down into tears I told her everything that was going thriugh my head and it helped sooo much because I knew she was there for me all the time after she found ouso I think you should ask your friend why is she doing it and let her know you're there

If you found this answer helpful rate it then please
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Mar 9, 2008, 08:45 PM
    Tell her that you love her and it hurts you that she feels the need to hurt herself. Tell her you just want her to be happy and healthy. I'm sure that's what she really wants to hear when she shows her cuts.
    xxxlovecanhurtxxx Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2008, 04:56 PM
    I have been there before but I was the friend cutting themselves. Don't tell your friend to stop directly. It just makes it worse. Show your friend that you care about them. Telling him/her that you will not be their friend or anything like that will just drive them farther. Her cuts could be old but look new I have cuts from years ago that look like I just did it. It is a curse you have to live with. It isn't very good but it a punishment for the mistake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cut Wrists [ 3 Answers ]

What's the best instrument to cut your wrists with? I've tried pins, pen knives, knives and scissors but they don't work. I usually use a compass because it's portable and if anyone asks I can say it's for maths, but he incisions aren't very deep. Does anyone know where I can get a scalpel from?...

Strengthening the wrists, fingers and hands [ 1 Answers ]

What are some good ways to strengthen the wrists, hands and fingers?

View more questions Search