Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jojo9090 Posts: 76, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 02:46 PM
    RCIA, learning catholicism want to be baptised
    Hi,
    I am interested in catholicism. I am not christened or baptised, but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with being baptised as an adult, and if so what the process of the RCIA is like, and how long it takes, etc
    Thank you
    Jojo
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2008, 04:59 PM
    Rcia typically goes from fall until Easter. There are some variances, though, among parishes and diocese's.

RCIA is wonderful if done well. You should receive a very good overview of the Catholic Christian Faith.

My suggestion: Call the Diocese and ask if there is a Dominican Church in your area.
    My opinion: You cannot beat RCIA from the Dominicans :)

Really.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2008, 05:23 AM
    In reference to wangdoodle's comment I will add. The differences in RCIA programs will be like the differences in the churches themselves. Some are very conservative and traditional (always, with the Dominicans) and some are quite liberal.

... so you can see where I lean :)

That's not to say, though, that Franciscans are liberal. Some are, some aren't. Generally speaking, they are good too. All are good, really, it's just a matter of style preference.

Take your time. Go to Mass at a variety of local Roman Catholic Churches. At the one that you like the most - or the one where you like the Priest(s) the most, check into the RCIA program there.
    jojo9090 Posts: 76, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Thanks guyz

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Catholicism? Meaning? [ 4 Answers ]

If I was to ask give me a summary of what the catholic church is about and why I should choose it over any other religion what would you say?

I'm learning [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I've just started wrestling and I'm not the best any advice

Studying Catholicism [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, My boyfriend is Catholic. I was never raised with a religion. My boyfriend is very serious about his religion, he doesn't mind I don't have a religion which I am thankful for. But I wanted to start studying the religion to see if I have the same beliefs as him. He said he would teach me...

Would you get your children baptised? Why? [ 6 Answers ]

My friend and I were discussing this subject because she said that she got her daughter baptised at 10 months and she is about to baptise her son that is only a month old. She says that it isn't a religios reason she had to do it so I am not bashing her beliefs or nothing, but what do you think?...

View more questions Search