Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    duden123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Sears lawn tractor won't start
    Have seen multiple posts on this problem - each referencing checking the 3 safety switches. (when I try to start it sounds like the starter, starter checked out OK- sounds like it drags but won't start). Where are the 3 safety switches located and how do I check them ( explain simply since I'm a female and don't have a clue) What do I need to do (what tools needed - where are they located - on the tool specified, what am I looking for to see if OK). When I brought the starter to a repair place, the guy told me to check out the switches, but only know where the one under seat is located. How do I check to see if bad? How about others?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 05:17 PM
    You will have a safety switch for the clutch/brake, the mower deck, and the seat. Get your model number from under the seat and go to sears.com. There you will be able to get a diagram of your unit. With this diagram, you will be able to see where the switches are, and the part numbers if you need new ones.
    duden123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 07:12 AM
    To MOWERMAN - But how do I know if they are bad. I have a diagram now. What do I test it with and how. I don't want to replace all switches unless I know they are bad

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troubleshooting Sears Lawn Tractor [ 10 Answers ]

Troubleshooting Sears LT with a 17.5 2006 B&S Engine.Unit won't start. Isolated problem to fuel solenoid on bottom of carb. How is the solenoid wired into the system? Is there an interlock safety switch that might be the culprit?:confused:

Sears Lawn Tractor [ 2 Answers ]

How do I adjust the blades. One side cuts lower than the other?

Sears lawn tractor brakes [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old (1980) sears 12 hp lawn tractor at my summer home that lost its brakes all of a sudden. I do not have the model number or anything but it is the old style gray sears tractor that you see all the time. It has a 4 speed manual tranny. When you push in the brake/clutch, it does not...

Sears lawn tractor [ 3 Answers ]

Can some one tell me how to replace belt on sears ss/16 twin lawn tractor this is a older mower.

Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 10 HP Craftsman lawn tractor that will not move. The clutch works and it goes into gearbut the flat wheel spins and the gear wheel seems too have not enough pressure on it to move. Could this be just a loose drive belt? Thanks, Charlie

View more questions Search