Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mbittner Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 06:05 PM
    Kenmore 70 Series spins very slowly
    I have a Kenmore 70 series washing machine. It was with our home when we purchased it so I am unsure about its age. I would guess it is maybe 6 years old. For the past month the spin cycle has been going VERY slow. I usually have to run it about 2-3 times. This is becoming less effective and my clothes are still dripping when I pull them out. There are no belts on this washer. Any suggestions? I am wondering how much this will be to fix and if I should just purchase a new machine.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2008, 06:10 PM
    Check the coupler between the transmission and the motor. Cost will be less than $40.00 if you do it yourself. Easy fix
    mbittner Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 06:22 PM
    Thanks for the quick response! I will check it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool washer spins slowly on high spin setting [ 1 Answers ]

What controls the spin speed of the whirlpool washer? I have one which is less than 5 years old and it spins faster on slow spin cycle than on the high spin cycle. Please give me any ideas you might have as to why this occurs. Thanks Gary

Kenmore 110.23032101 spins some times [ 1 Answers ]

My kenmore model # 110.23032101 spins sometimes and other times it appears to just lock up. I checked the coupling and looks to be in good condition. If I turn the drum manually in a clock wise direction it appears to get very tight, if I turn it counter clock wise it starts tight then releases to...

A/C Fan Emitting Loud "Whrrrr" Sound and spins slowly [ 15 Answers ]

Hello, My A/C Fan was emitting a loud "Whrrrr". Which gets loud, then soft, the loud again. Almost like the sound is oscillating. And Once in a while it starts "coughing", then It's back to the "Whrrr"s again. Well, today the blades stopped spinning (actually it is spinning, so...

View more questions Search