Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NETTE68IT Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 05:21 PM
    My kids don't want to go to Fathers house.
    Their father doesn't spend anytime with my kids besided eating dinner sometimes. They mostly have to go next door to their Grandmothers house if they want to eat. He just want's them so I don't have them... which would equal more child support I guess. But, I hate for them to be so unhappy. What can I do?:(
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Him having them doesn't give him any kind of child support discount it is what it is regardless.
    Aren't they happy with grandma's house?
    Does he know they don't like going there?
    kraz Posts: 57, Reputation: 6

Feb 24, 2008, 05:36 PM
    Depending on the ages of your children and the family law in your state, they may be old enough to decide whether they go or not. Check with your lawyer.

Feb 24, 2008, 05:43 PM
    I'm pretty sure one if them is old enough he is alsmost 16... but, the 13 year old and the 5 year old are just as unhappy having to go there as the 16 year old. The oldest one just ranaway and came to my house. The other two miss him and it make it worse with out him there.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2008, 07:24 PM
    Disagrees 5
    What?
    Child support and visitation are separate issues and not determined together or in relation to each other.
    Other than that all I did was ask questions.

Feb 24, 2008, 11:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    disagrees 5
    what?
    Child support and visitation are separate issues and not determined together or in relation to each other.
    other than that all I did was ask questions.
    Sorry, I agree.
    Thanks
    Renette
    jennyrena Posts: 37, Reputation: 7

Feb 24, 2008, 11:56 PM
    I don't think it's healthy to tell them it's o.k. to not see there father, or speak badly about him in front of them, as this can lead to them not wanting to see him. Thank god for the times he wants to be in there lives. Family is not a game and you are who you are as he is who he is. But you are both there parents. If they are not being abused or harmed in any way than it's best for them to see him as much as possible. They will be thankful for it later, no matter how imperfect he is.besides since when did kids start knowing what was best. (just advice on as much of the story that I have)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dating a man with kids and I don't have kids [ 6 Answers ]

I've never dated a man with kids... and he has 4! 2 teens and 2 in their 20's... and a grandbaby on the way! He's been very aggressive (fast) about getting to the next level(s). We have a great time together and we connect on many levels. He asked early on that we date exclusively as he...

Puppet kids show on discovery kids [ 3 Answers ]

This show came on discovery kids in the morning in the 90's it was kind of weird a women And kids say they want to get silly something and they would take a spoon and eat Something out of puppet flowers mouths, the puppets would open there mouths and other silly stuff was like this on the...

Two possible fathers [ 4 Answers ]

I am four months the problem is I don't know when my last period was or when I coneived.

Divorce with kids, what happens to the house? [ 2 Answers ]

So my friend is getting divorced and takes care of the two kids, almost all the time she is currently living in the house, per a temporary relief order (he is abusive.) Anyway, when the divorce gets going and it is time to split things what happens with the house? I told her that she should...

View more questions Search