Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GregHubert Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 01:09 PM
    GE Icemaker sends out water or ice one its own
    Help. My through the door icemaker (side by side) will send out ice or water (depending on which is selected) on its own. Major problem! I emptied the ice and put it on ice, so my kitchen doesn't flood. Thank goodness I was home when it started! Any suggestions??
    Thanks, Greg
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 25, 2008, 09:52 PM
    Not much help here except to say that the electrical switch that the dispenser lever works has to be defective, must have a short.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 10:09 PM
    This sounds like item #5 about consumer complaints GE may be responsible to
    Correct this problem...

GE Icemaker Sends Out Water Or Ice One Its Own - Repair - Dogpile Web Search

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Icemaker not getting water [ 1 Answers ]

I've read a few other posts on this subject, and have done a few checks... Model ED22TEXHW03 \Getting water from supply line OK, and the water in door feature works \Solenoid is dual type, but has separate connections. Had fridge plugged in (is this wrong?), removed electric connectors and...

Kitchenaid ice maker won't make ice no water coming in [ 10 Answers ]

I have replaced the water valve and the module. Water dispensary works. The plastic lines are not plugged. The wire arm goes up and down. I poured water in the ice maker and in a few days there were ice in the pan. The model is #ksrf22dtal00. I crossed the connectors on the valve and the water...

Icemaker water leak [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Admiral refrigerater with ice maker. The problem is when the ice maker calls for water, at the place where the water enters the ice maker there is a leak. This seems to be coming from just behind what looks like a little suction cup with the small water supply line connects to. Can...

Icemaker won't drop ice [ 2 Answers ]

We have a 3yr old SBS GE Artica Profile. The icemaker in it stopped dropping ice. When we pulled out the drawer, there was an ice mound stopping the lever arm. We defrosted the ice mound with a hair dryer. It has had time to cool down, and it has ice in the plate, but it will not drop to the...

View more questions Search