Ask
    EmilyNJFraser Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Period Colour
    I am only thirteen and have had my periods twice before,

The first time they wernt that heavy and the right colour,

The second time they were very heavy and the right colour,

But this time they aren't the usual red blood colour,

They are reddy browny and I am really confused and don't know why this is happening and I haven't even told my mum because I am really embarrassed but I know that its not p**.

Can someone please help me as why my period is a different colour ?
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2008, 02:36 PM
    Don't worry it's normal it means the 'blood' is older. When it gets in contact with oxygen it turns brown. Never be scared to talk to your mum she's been there, done that and got the T-shirt.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2008, 02:51 PM
    I don't know, periods are can be really unpredictable when they start. It can take a while for everything to settle in.

Sometimes they can be brown, go red then brown again. Personally when I get light periods they tend to be brown all the way through. It really depends. The best thing is not to stress, it doesn't matter what colour it comes out.

Like I said before, you should ask your mum as she will be most like you. Also she'll probably be pleased that you trust her to confide in her. You might find it a bit embarrassing but she'll have been talking about periods for years, so it won't be a big deal for her at all. Also mums can be good friends to have if you get period pains as they know tricks to make it hurt less!
    sarah_s Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 05:02 PM
    As your growing it's like that in teenagers. That's normal. Periods can also (but, not that usually) turn black because, of the old/dead blood cells.
    EmilyNJFraser Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 08:19 AM
    Thank you both of you that has been a good help,

They are back to normal now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had unprotected sex 3 days before I started my period but my period came 7days earl [ 9 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex then 3 days later I started my period when I wasn't supposed to for about another week. Is it possible I could be pregnant?:confused:

Eye colour [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I have unusual eye colour of the Iris, my eyes are brown around the pupil but the rest of the iris is blue, does anyone know what this eye type is called and why I have this unusual eye type?

Bought two colour kits but accidentally switced colour releasers, does that matter? [ 1 Answers ]

I have dark brown to black hair, I just dyed hoping to get a lighter brown. My mistake was that I bought two colours,1) meduim golden brown and2) light brown, then I accidentally used the medium brown colour with the light brown colour releaser. I barely notice a difference. Did switching the...

Dress Colour for Hair Colour? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey, my name's Michelle, and I have no idea what colour dress looks good on me. I have long (longer than shoulder-length) straight blonde hair, and pale blue eyes. I'm tanned, but not too tanned, and I'm average weight. I was wondering if there's any colour scheme or something to figure out what...

Period colour [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I was just wondering if there anyone out there with the same problem I have or even if it's a problem. For the last year or so when a get my periods they are a bright red colour just like as if I slit my finger they have never normaly been this bright red colour more a brown / redcolour is this...

View more questions Search