Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mogoverthemoon Posts: 60, Reputation: 6

Feb 22, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Sex: worth all the hype or overated?
    After having a chat with my mate (whos slept around abit), he said that after all the sex he had both in and out of relasionships that it isn't all its talked up too be. I thought 'thats easy for you to say! you've done it' (I'm a virgin by the way, not by choice either, I just can't get it), but its made me wonder, is it the be all to end all experiances? Or is it (as I'm starting to think) just a little bit talked up?

Thanks for listening, and comments.
    mirandycc Posts: 70, Reputation: 7

Feb 22, 2008, 09:44 AM
    In my opinion, sex is a wonderful thing... casual sex I think is like getting a dozen roses... not a certain one of the roses are special... but if you get one rose... that is the special one
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2008, 09:48 AM
    Sex might be over rated to a person depending on how they view it. I think that once you do have sex, you will be amazed.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2008, 09:51 AM
    It all depends on the people involved... with the wrong people it can be gravely overrated... or with the right people its everything its made out to be. And I've seen both extremes.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Feb 22, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Good question.

I happen to think sex is great but can very well be hyped up into something more than it is. For instance, when you have sex on a regular basis you enjoy it no doubt, however, you do not walk around everyday smiling and being a jolly old fellow just because you are having sex on a regular basis. Alternatively, when you are not sexually active you tend to overplay what your missing, in that you THINK if you were having sex you'd be walking around everyday smiling and being a jolly old fellow.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2008, 10:10 AM
    It can be incredible and mediocre. It depends on how your wired and whether you get the right responses from stimulation. It depends on how you view sex. It depends on how open you are. Can you remember when you had a course? Probably not. I had one that made you aware of differences, such as view of the male and views of the female. This kind of information helps. Males and females are wired very differently. Take, for instance, what pleases a male and female outside of sex.

Learning about your sexuality is probably a good thing. But, if your afraid of your mate seeing your body in the light, well your going to have problems.

My prerequisite is to generally be clean, but there can be exceptions like sex in the park. These experiences are limited in capability, but contribute to variety. Each experience being different helps me enjoy.
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Feb 22, 2008, 10:26 AM
    With the right person, sex can be amazing. I have been with my husband for 5 years, and I still cry on occasion when we are done with out intercourse.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2008, 01:01 PM
    The problem is that people use sex for reasons that it shouldn't be used for... then, it loses its meaning and power.

For example:
    1. A woman wants love from a man, so she has sex with the first guy that comes along.
    2. All a person's friends are having sex, so she has sex.
    3. A girl wants to cuddle, so she has sex.
    4. A person wants to be popular, so she has sex
    5. A guy want to be manly, so he has sex with many different women.

And on and on and on...

Sex becomes impersonal, a handshake. So long sexual passion!

Media hypes sex which only makes the situation worse.

SEX MOUTHWASH!
    SEX BEER!
    SEX SHOES!!
    SEX FOOD!!

Good News! Sex is still the wonderful, blissful activity it always was. :)
    Many people are jaded, or confused.

Feb 24, 2008, 07:01 AM
    It all seems to fiddley to me, I mean after all the effort you go too to get into the possion of being able to do it, is it worth all of the time? I don't know if I'm in the minority or not but after all the time I've spent trying, I just can't see its worth the time, and I might be over thinking it but when you finally get there, then you've (well guys anyway, sorry to sound sexist lol) got more worries, too much kissing, not enough, shall I do this/ that and what to do next or is she even enjoying it! seems like a lot of stress for an hours 'pleasure' lol
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2008, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mogoverthemoon
    Sex: worth all the hype or overated?
    Hello mog:

Some people don't like chocolate. I don't know why. I love chocolate. I seek it out all the time.

Some people don't like sex. I don't know why. I think it's better than chocolate - waaaaaay better.

excon
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Choux is right when something is over done it can desensitize you and it becomes meaningless or even an effort of just going through the motions. When you are just with someone and the love is not there then you learn to expect sex without love and it becomes meaningless.
    They say when you wait it is more meaningful and all
    Sort of like Quality not quantity type thing.

What is your birthday
    I can find what traits in a girl would be most compatible for you with a bd

P.S. your pic is even darker than before

Feb 25, 2008, 02:10 AM
    September/15/1987

Do you dark as in creepy? if so I'd better change it lol
    usherluver35 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 10:19 AM
    After having a chat with my mate (whos slept around abit), he said that after all the sex he had both in and out of relasionships that it aint all its talked up too be. I thought 'thats easy for you to say!, you've done it' (i'm a virgin btw, not by choice either, i just can't get it), but its made me wonder, is it the be all to end all experiances? or is it (as i'm starting to think) just a little bit talked up?

Thanks for listening, and comments.
    Well sex is whatever you make it to be like you can make it fun and exciting or boring and just doing it because your bored but most people that know what they're doing know how to keep your interest!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 29, 2008, 01:18 PM
    Just piling on what most have said

It can be good, decent, fantastic, humiliating, frustrating, boring, a chore, a joy, a control, a release, a connection, a barrier, etc...

A friend says that she thinks sex is a lot like chocolate... the mediocre stuff is still ok-ish and you tend to eat a lot of this before you find the great stuff... and once you taste that swiss champagne truffle that just melts over your tongue and leaves you satisfied completely... well... then you know how good it can be.

We humans get in our own way all the time, physically and mentally... and so sex is just one more thing that we can screw up for no good reason, or because we don't know better, or because we are vain, ignorant, etc... but when we finally figure it out, its just lovely.

Even the fumbles and bumbles along the way, on the learning path, are charming to some degree, especially the farther back they are.
    Uber Member

Feb 29, 2008, 04:03 PM
    September/15/1987

From your birthdate you are in a #7 personal year.
    This is your year for personal reflection and perfection, a year of introspection. You feel like analyzing everything you have been and are doing. You think about beauty, love, perfection, and what life is all about.

You spend a good deal of time alone, getting acquainted with yourself and your inner power. This year you gain a better understanding of your emotions and your spiritual nature. Take time out to rest, study, read, and travel, and to look at life from a different angle. Find outlets for personal creative expression.

If you have psychic, spiritual, new age, or mystic interests, this is the year to pursue those studies.

Quality is your standard.

Next years # 8

This is your year of achievement, your year to make great strides in business, employment, promotions, monetary compensation, and/or the accumulation of possessions. It is your harvest time.

You feel ambition stirring, a desire to better your financial condition. To accomplish this, it is necessary to be businesslike, efficient, and practical all year.

Many opportunities present themselves. To gain your rewards, move forward in a businesslike manner and with sustained effort. Your state of mind, mental capacity, education, experience, and self-confidence are all part of your success and financial advancement.

You feel desire to make a special effort to improve or bring to a successful conclusion some of the ideas and dreams of the past years.

This is a year of action. Place your abilities on the market with a sense of self-confidence and authority.

Your lifepath #4

You are practical, down to earth with strong ideas about right and wrong. You are orderly and organized, systematic and controlled, you are decisive and methodical employing a step by step rational approach to problems solving. Once committed you do not give up easily!
    you seek to establish a solid foundations.
    Precise, tenacious and persevering, you have great potential for success, but only after putting out effort and overcoming the limitations you so often encounter. Justice and honesty are sacred to you.

You are most compatible with Taurus, Capricorn and Virgo

Least Compatible with: Aries, Aquarius

Traditional
    Virgo Traits

Modest and shy
    Meticulous and reliable
    Practical and diligent
    Intelligent and analytical

You can best relate to someone that you can connect with intellectually.
    Anarchy42 Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Feb 29, 2008, 11:30 PM
    Its just a part of life. And in that, it's beautiful.

Mar 7, 2008, 07:29 AM
    It all seems a little to awkward for me, anyway after reading up on celibacy on wikipedia I'm thinking staying celibate for life, there seems to be a lot of pros to it, and along with that I do find it extremely hard to talk and be genuinely interested in women (sorry if that's insulting btw), so maybe it's a good thing.
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2008, 09:20 AM
    There's a lot of "pros" to doing what seems right for you.

Many potential mates may not share your view... but it doesn't mean its wrong. Some would say sexual desire should come only after a loving relationship is established... so maybe you just haven't found the right person. Don't know your age either... if you are young, that too probably plays into it.

I don't see sex as the chore you do in an earlier post. To me, the challenge is the fun of it... and honestly, like most things, practice makes you better (hopefully)... so I'm not knocking your position. Perfectly reasonable for where you are mentally.

If you aren't interested in sex, you probably shouldn't have it. Best sex is when you are fully engaged.
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2008, 01:12 PM
    mogoverthemoon agrees: a lot of trueth here, but I am naturally interested in sex, but I'm just not seeing that the effort put in too getting it matches the rewards of having it
    It takes work. And as I've said, we see it differently. Honestly, it isn't that hard to get my partner off and to get myself off... but that's because I was willing to try and fail.

Each sexual relationship taught me something... its not like all are failures until you get it "right"... one girl taught me how to kiss, one screwed me up on what oral should be, one keyed me in on cl!toral stim, another let me understand how powerful oral can be...

So... you don't learn to write the great american novel by doing your abc's in pre-k and stopping.
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2008, 05:34 PM
    You don't have to do a drastic "all or nothing" take each day at a time and appreciate each day for what it DOES have to offer. My previous reply says you are in a 7 year. Seven through nine are more for working on your life career and so forth. Two year and some other years are good for socializing and meeting people. Of course though do not rule out a girlfriend in the 7's, 8,'s 9's etc...
    I think you will find someone very special one day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much is a 1925 penny worth with one cent and a wheat on the back worth [ 3 Answers ]

How much is a one cent with a wheat on back is worth from 1925

Do performance chips really work, or is it hype? [ 2 Answers ]

Lots of retailers are selling automotive performance chips. Do they really work? Is there a big difference?

Self-worth - what do you do to take care of your self-worth? [ 21 Answers ]

I think we are all so great to take care of others, however how can we learn to take care of ourselves more? What things can one do to take care of their own self-worth, self-respect, etc.

My date speaks outloud over sex his sex fantasies of three-way sex [ 5 Answers ]

Hello there, I have been dating this guy not for long time now. From the beginning while we were having sex he mentioned his sexual fantasies to me. He wanted to have another women joining us. I asked me why not him with two other women not me being involved. Anyhow, a few days ago he mentioned...

Jordan all hype? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, Just wanted to know about your general opinions on Michael Jordan. 1. Do you think Jordan has had a strong influence on young people in terms of his values, etc? 2. Do you appreciate Jordan more for his athletic ability or his character (or both)? 3. Do Jordan's negative traits bother...

View more questions Search