Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nancydrew81 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2008, 10:01 AM
    Hampton Bay Fan Installed and Working BUT All Other Lights on Switch Board DON'T WORK
    I bought and installed a Hampton Bay Fan w. remote (Model 04889). After I wired the fan and tested it, nothing happened except the other lights connected to that circuit breaker flickered. I turned the power off and checked my connections. I realized I switched the two black wires on the remote from the one going to the motor and the one going to the ceiling. I corrected my error and tested it again. This time both the light and the fan worked fine, but none of my other lights worked. I thought maybe the first test shorted the other lights so and turned the main breaker off/on. However, the installed fan and light work but none of my other lights work! Please help... :confused:
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2008, 10:52 AM
    It appears you have a loose connection somewhere, check all the connections. Assuming the fan has a wall switch separate from the rest of the lights, it sounds like one of your neutrals is loose. Check all the white wires inside that outlet box.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan lights & fan not operating [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, appreciate any help. It just stop working can't honestly say what stop working first or if it happened at the same time. The switch at the wall is working. So I'm assuming it is getting power? I took the bulbs out and disconneted the lower unit by glance everything appears to be fine. I...

Hampton Bay fan lights [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay fan that we bought about a year ago. The fan works great but within the last few months we have had problems with the integrated lights. We turn on the lights and they are really dim. All three light bulbs come on when you turn on the light from the remote, but they are so...

Installed Ceiling Fan: Fan Works/Lights Quit Working [ 3 Answers ]

I successfully installed a Hampton ceiling fan about three maybe four years ago and it has worked just fine up until about 4 months ago when the lights would start going off and then sometimes come back on intermittently. Suspecting a loose connection, I removed the light housing and found that...

New hampton bay motor not working, lights work [ 3 Answers ]

Hi - I just installed a new hampton bay carriage house II 52" ceiling fan with light assembly (no remote; pull strings for lights and fan, and two position fan switch). I used the wiring from a previously existing ceiling light. I tested the wiring by running them to a grounded plug assembly,...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan w/Remote SWITCH WILL NOT WORK [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed all new ceiling fans in the house. They are all Hampton Bay's with remotes. The one in the kitchen and dinning room work by both the remote and the switch. However, when I installed the ones in the bedrooms, the wall switches will not work. There is a "red" wire up in the...

View more questions Search