Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tnwoman Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 01:09 PM
    Netscape 7.1 when loading says it's missing a plug-in
    :) Good Day!

I have a situation where when I open Netscape, it comes up saying that there is a plug in missing??? :confused: It just started getting this a week or so again.

It doesn't say what plug-in it is. I've reloaded, and it still comes up.

Any SUGGESTIONS??? :eek: :eek:

Thanks in Advance

TnWoman :D
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 01:17 PM
    I have a suggestion: you are using an old dead browser. I suggest Firefox: Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable
    tnwoman Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    I have a suggestion: you are using an old dead browser. I suggest Firefox: Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable
    I am setting up Firefox now, but haven't gotten it tweaked yet, and my information is intact in Netscape. I still need to use it.

But I really need a responsible answer. This wasn't helpful. Rude is what came in my mind.

TNWoman :eek:
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Ok. Bye.

BTW Netscape is currently on Version 9.
    xphelper Posts: 220, Reputation: 29

Feb 19, 2008, 11:32 PM
    Hello,
    I do remember that some versions of Netscape did a basic plug-in scan on startup and I also remember that some versions would list the installed plugins if you went to the browser (top) and clicked Help > About > Plugins. Now, if your version supports the listing of plugins, maybe you could view that list and simply reinstall the plugins, one at a time, until the problem is fixed. As I best remember, those older versions of Netscape, that did a plugin scan on startup, were basically looking for the following plugins: Java, Adobe Acrobat Reader, QuickTime, and Windows Media Player (and maybe Real Player but I doubt it). Now, having said all of the above, it may be difficult to locate the exact version of the missing plugin because the browser is no longer supported. However, since it is a Mozilla-based browser (and so is Firefox), the Firefox plugins may very well work with Netscape but there is no way to know for sure unless it is tested with your specific version.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to displace the loading image with a message like "loading... "? [ 3 Answers ]

How to displace the loading image with a message like "loading"?

Black soot on the spark plug,is it the plug. [ 1 Answers ]

My lawn mower plug has black soot on it, what could be the cause of the plug fouling out? It is a 6.0 B&S motor, also is there a certain gap for the plug and if so what is it? This problem just recently came up after 3 years of use and I don't understand what happen.:confused:

Replace 2-plug GFGI with a 4-plug GFCI? [ 7 Answers ]

I am remodeling my bathroom and my wife wants a 4 plug outlet. She currently uses one for the hair dryer and one to charge her electric toothbrush. The intent is to add a lighted mirror or something else that uses little power. Would it be OK to replace the GFCI with a 4 plug GFCI? I suspect...

Netscape 6.1 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a fairly new Compaq computer running windows Xp. It came with both browsers - explorer 6.0 and Netscape 6.01. My problem is that I cannot delete history items, either individually or the whole cache from Netscape. I have no problems with explorer - but the same procedure doesn't work...

View more questions Search