Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    _Me_ Posts: 107, Reputation: 2

Feb 15, 2008, 09:08 PM
    Feeling someone else's pain, literally
    This was the only spot I coul think of putting this, and this is really freaking me out.

Ok, I have been talking to a friend over AIM, to be honest, I met her like, twice. Although we have become very good friends. Anyway, one day, she text me a line, and suddenly, it felt as though a bolt of utter saddness/depression, or something shot through my heart, and she didn't say anything mean or anything, actually, all she said was (and I quote) "I been sitting around a lot, not really doing anything, jus havin fun really on the comp..."

I then asked her if everything was OK, and she says "well, not really" Then I felt even more pain, I even felt my eye slowly beginning to water, so, not saying what I was feeling, I just asked what happened, then she says "don't really wanna talk bout it, but I gtg, I'll call you later and tell u about it" and when she signed off, I felt LOADS better.

I mean ? The same thing is starting with another friend except, nt as bad, I can only sense they are miserable, but I have no idea why?

Does anyone have any idea?
    lengkyx Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Feb 15, 2008, 10:15 PM
    That should be some kind of a gift. Wow! May be you have been consciously or subconsciously wanting to get how people feel. Quantum physics call it the law of attraction. You attract things that you think about all the time.

It could be coincidence, but I'd like to think not. You know, I always wake up 30 minutes or so before my roommates come home. They often come home late and they don't have a regular schedule for that. It depends on how late they finish their work. One was with sales, and the other is a graphic artist for a post-production company.

Sometimes people can really see through you. A particular person might get you one time, and have no clue the next. When you do get that feeling again, I guess you know what it means. You have some kind of responsibility for that person.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2008, 11:02 PM
    We are all connected that way. But only some of us are tuned into it. Those were her feelings, not yours. You felt much better when you guys signed off. The next time it happens, feel it, but remind yourself that you are picking up her feelings. Ask her if you can help in some way.
    _Me_ Posts: 107, Reputation: 2

Feb 15, 2008, 11:12 PM
    Ok, I know it was HER feelings, but it felt so real, it was almost like they were MY feelings, like it hurt sooo much. As for responsibility for her, I don't know why I would be responsible for her, I'm not related to her, I'm not dating her... although, I do like her
    Lenovo Posts: 180, Reputation: 14

Feb 15, 2008, 11:14 PM
    Hmmm, weird, kind of sounds like an empath.
    lengkyx Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Feb 15, 2008, 11:38 PM
    Nyeks! I'm sorry if my answer freaked you out. I'm not saying you guys should go out. Just try to help out anyway you can.
    KristinDall Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2011, 05:20 PM
    In my point of view, sometimes people feel really connected, even when they aren't that close. When you meet someone who has something in common with you, and that's important, you just feel really close and comfortable with that person, without necessarily being together all the time. And you like her, so the smallest sign that she's unhappy is very clear to you, making you feel what she's feeling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Klintons, Feeling Our Pain [ 9 Answers ]

I suppose they learned how to dine while residing in the White House: Norm! Vegas Confidential

Need someone else's opinion [ 3 Answers ]

I am 37 weeks pregnant and not really having any strong contractions, haven't even felt braxton hicks often, but I went to the doctor this past Thursday and my doctor said I was 1 cm. I do feel menstrual like cramps, and was told by a friend that she had this same feeling without strong...

Feeling better off someone's pain? [ 9 Answers ]

Has anyone else ever felt a little relieved to know their ex is hurting as much/more than you. Or the opposite, gotten upset when it appears that their ex is not hurting as much as you? I feel bad thinking about this, but it seems to make me feel better when I know she is upset. I'm sure she is...

Love over an ocean. Literally. [ 4 Answers ]

I just discovered this site and after reading some questions on relationships I jumped to register. I've been stuck in this situation for months and it's haunting me. I've spoken with a couple close friends, but there seems to be no solution. I don't know what to do. Love is the most amazing thing...

Somebody else's Children! [ 8 Answers ]

Am I the only one know, that it is hard to raise someone else's child or children, and it's a headache!!

View more questions Search