Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mysteryperson123 Posts: 125, Reputation: 7

Feb 15, 2008, 09:07 AM
    Seriously ill looking mouse!
    My mouse, the one I thought was pregnant has a big lump on the side of her neck! I am really worried! Any suggestions as to what it is and what to do?

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2008, 10:41 PM
    If it's that large I am going to guess that it is a cancer or some kind of cyst or tumor. You should certainly be taking that mouse to the veterinarian ASAP.

Feb 16, 2008, 06:27 AM
    We took the mouse to the vet a few minutes after I posted the seriously ill looking mouse question and it is a really serious form of cancer, we took her to the vet again today (saturday 16th february) at ten thirty and she had an operation, she is okay now, the lump may just grow back but at present she is recovering from her operation.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Aw, well you did the right thing taking her to the vet, I hope she recovers well and does not relapse!

Feb 19, 2008, 07:05 AM
    She is amazing! She has an unbelievable immune system, her stiches have dissolved ( we think) and even if she did pull them out herself the cut has healed over!
    We discovered this yesterday (18th of February!)

Mar 16, 2008, 07:50 AM
    I think the lump is growing back. I will send in a picture so that someone could maybe give me advice.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2008, 11:30 AM
    According to your last post above this you stated you think the lump is coming back, well it could be infection setting up.

Mar 17, 2008, 09:48 AM
    It might just be a bit of fur that is slightly thicker than the rest (Her fur is growing back) but I am still worried here are those pics.
    Attached Images

Mar 17, 2008, 09:52 AM
    Here are two of her before she had the operation.
    Attached Images

teghancat Posts: 24, Reputation: -1

Mar 17, 2008, 05:03 PM
    My hamster has a bump like that on her lower stomach off to the left side. Do you think it is cancer?

Mar 18, 2008, 10:14 AM
    The one my mouse has is cancer, if your hamster has a lump like that you should go to the vet, we rushed my mouse straight to the vet. If you take your hamster straight to the vet then they will tell you what it is, if it is cancer then you will have a choice, get the operation done, you have a fifty, fifty chance of the hamster surviving and if it survives you have a fifty fifty chance that the lump will grow back. Your other choice is to not have the operation and allow your hamster to die slowly or, get it put down.

Mar 20, 2008, 09:58 AM
    My mouse ahs three lumps not just one, at 05:40p.m. we are taking her to the vets to be put down. I am so sad but I know it's what's best for her. If she had the operation again then 9 might grow, I have given her all of her favourite things so that she is happy and I prepared a grave for her. I always promised her I'd get her a car shaped toy to play with so I made her a coffin out of a car shaped tin so that she could drive to whatever heaven mice go to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I want to be ILL! [ 5 Answers ]

There is something wrong with my wiring. I can't stand being healthy. I want to be diagnosed with an illness of some sort! Tb and add are the ones I want most of all. And then there's pcos (dont want it but I think I have it) And I think my mind's making me feel pain a lot. I get sore legs and...

Ill do anything. [ 4 Answers ]

My ex comes in and out of my life. He has a drug problem and turns on me when things are going great.we recently been hanging out and everything was great and then he turned. Out of nowhere said I'm a liar and I talk . That I still see certain guys this and that. I don't understand what to do,...

Should I tell him that I am very ill [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend of two years broke up with me 9 days ago. He says he loves me and is in love with me but he is in a place in his life that he likes. He talked about marriage but did not want to get married. He said he wanted to live together first. We made plans to do this. Decided where to live and...

Ill dog [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a 4 year old border collie but she hasn't been eating for about a week and normaly she's a ball of energy but she's been really dopey lately. Can you please tell me what's wrong with her?

Installing mouse w/o a mouse [ 1 Answers ]

My mouse went out on an old computer and I have tried installing new software using only keystrokes to no avail. Everything I try comes back to the same problem -- not having a mouse. I can't uninstall the old software w/o a mouse. I'm lost. Suggestions appreciated. Ed

View more questions Search