Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 11:32 PM
    How to gain weight
    Hi, My Name Is Reca And I Want to Know How To Gain Weight Quick N Fast Because I Am Tired Of Being Skinny Im Not Trynna Change My Shape I Want to Stay Some What Slim N Slender But Jus A Little More Meat So If You Can Really Help Me I Would Really Really Really Apreciate It!!

Thank You
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 11:39 PM
    Add a bit more calories to your diet. But don't eat things like fried foods... just add some nuts, grains, whole wheat, and healthy fatty acids such as avocados (guacamole... mmm).

Don't forget to add moderate exercise. Easy weight lifting will keep you toned while gaining weight.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 14, 2008, 11:45 PM
    Hi Reca,
    I understand what you mean. I take it that you are not anorexic or bulimic? I got some advice when I asked a similar question, and I bought some protein powder and I add it to juice, milk and even things like spaghetti sauce and soup. I also found that eating lots of fruits and veg's actually increases your appetite. Try to eat a lot of high protein foods and whole grain pasta and bread. This is what has been working for me anyway. I haven't put on a lot of weight, but about 8 lbs or so in just a few weeks, so it's worth a try! :)
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Feb 15, 2008, 07:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8
    Hi Reca,
    I understand what you mean. I take it that you are not anorexic or bulimic? I got some advice when I asked a similar question, and I bought some protein powder and I add it to juice, milk and even things like spaghetti sauce and soup. I also found that eating lots of fruits and veg's actually increases your appetite. Try to eat alot of high protein foods and whole grain pasta and bread. This is what has been working for me anyway. I haven't put on alot of weight, but about 8 lbs or so in just a few wks, so it's worth a try! :)
    I really like this answer. It has allot of great points. Keep in mind when trying to gain weight you need to exercise as well. This is because you will gain weight more in certain places that will exceed your expectations.
    MasuBhat Posts: 128, Reputation: 3

Feb 15, 2008, 07:24 AM
    eating lots of fruits and veg's actually increases your appetite. Try to eat a lot of high protein foods and whole grain pasta and bread.
    Just WATT I WAS Going to SAY!:).. BEST OF LUCK.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 03:39 PM
    Don't eat junk food, because of the high content of fats and transfats, saturated. Instead eat foods high in Omega 3 fatty acids sources like Tuna in water, salmon, flax and walnuts. Also protein sources like poultry, fish, lean meats, nuts, seeds, legumes, chickpeas, kidney beans peanut butter omletes, whole grain cereals, rice pasta, granola, bagels, and cornbread. Veggies like avacados, olives, potatoes, peas, corn, squash, and fruits like canned fruit in syrup, dried fruits and fruit nectars. Use protein shakes like ensure, and breakfast drinks, the instant kind. Use multi vitamins, and mineral supplements, Use milk instead of water in cereal, soups, sauces, mix cooked shop meat or wheat germ , nuts, beans, or cheese in casseroles, pasta and side sihes. Add 300-350 calores yo your normal intake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to gain some weight! [ 6 Answers ]

I am way to skinny. Im 19 and I still only way 100 pounds!! Its get me frustrated when I see other girls who acutally have butts and curves... I don't no what to do anymore I eat so much but it just doesn't help.. I really need help because this is creating no self of steem and I don't even want...

How to gain weight? [ 8 Answers ]

I am 28yrs old,married, 5feet 11inch, weight54kg I am very slim. I want to gain my weight without any side effects Advise

How to gain weight [ 3 Answers ]

Usually people ask for advice on weightloss but I need advice on weightgain. I don't think I look anorexic but some people say I'm too skinny. I used to weigh more but ever since I got my braces all the weight has gone:( I just want to get some back. People say I looked way better before. I lost my...

How to gain weight? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm about to turn 15 on December 22nd. I'm a male, 6 feet, 1 inch. I'm quite tall however I'm only 130 pounds. My parents both doctors don't have time to take me to a gym to work out plus they said that I'm too young to go to the gym. My mother carried me to a gym after I begged her about 2 months...

I need to gain weight [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 kids and I'm 5"tall and weight no more than 85 lbs.. I love food and I eat a lot.I'm not trying to lose weight cause I don't like to look skinny.. I can never gain weight and when I do I lose them after a while.. I've gain a lot of weight when I was pregnant but I lost it after I had the...

View more questions Search