Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    failia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 11:48 AM
    How to tell the family
    Hi, I'm 27 year old female who is almost 2 years married. My husband and I are really unhappy with each other and have been for a long time. We have gone through shouting and swearing etc and now we just don't speak at all. We are working in a different country from our families. I know in my heart that there is no love between us. We hate each other and Im scared and worried about telling my parents who firmly believe in marriage etc. It sounds disgraceful, not been even two years`married but we have no respect for each other at all. My folks paid for our wedding and they hold the sacrament dearly. It will break their hearts. I know there is no easy way. Im just wondering has anyone been in a similar situation and if so, what was the outcome? Ive been in this situation before but was too chicken to tell my family but now I feel that enough is enough.
    Thx.xx
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Feb 14, 2008, 12:04 PM
    If breaking up is inevitable, then so is telling your parents. Its sad that they invested in your marriage, and it never worked out. But unless they have been living in a box, they shouldn't be too shocked. Its one of those things that is just really hard to do but has to be done. The out come should be that they are your parents and obviously they will love you just the same, just give them time to adjust. I'm sure they don't want you to be unhappy either.
    failia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 12:08 PM
    I don't know if my parents have any idea because we live apart but I think you are right. They do want me to be happy. I just feel bad because I am brining failure to the family.
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Feb 14, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Failure would be to stay with someone you don't love.
    kraz Posts: 57, Reputation: 6

Feb 15, 2008, 03:21 AM
    Greg Quinn already said what I thought to say :) very wise!

Be strong and let your parent know what you are feeling and what has been happening in your marriage that has brought you to this point. They will only want the best for you.

Don't look at it as failure, or place blame on either of your, because sometimes we don't know that we are not compatible with the person we marry until after the wedding, (if you don't live together first) and I think because you both are away from your family's this would make it harder.

Most parents love their children unconditionally and will support and stand by the decisions adult children make.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who is my family [ 10 Answers ]

I am trying to find any info on my dad's family. The problem... I don't have any info. I have my dad's name. No other info is available to me. Last I knew, he was alive in Hobe Sound, FL. His father (I believe) had the same name... Raymond Melvin Peacock. All of these sights I go to want me to pay,...

Single family to 2 family electrical service [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, first time posting to this site. I am changing an existing 200 amp service to a 2 meter service. Presently, the home added an apartment above the garage with its own 100 amp panel. The panel is served by a 100 amp breaker in the main panel. The homeowner wants to separately meter the...

How to Convert a single family house to a legal 4 family house [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all I am looking to convert my singly family home to a legal 4 family house so as to rent out all 4 units and get some income. How to do I go about getting all the information and permission for the same? Thanks

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

Blended family means family to me, should it not to my husband as well? [ 6 Answers ]

HI, I just really need to know if I am way off base here. Last night my husband told me that"you need to understand how it is going to be between my daughter and myself." " when it comes to special events, even if they conflict with your boys(his stepsons) and in the future if we have children of...

View more questions Search